It makes me sad and angry at the same time

Newport 66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Thanks to the media driven covid-19 hysteria and now the rioting in the streets, the media has managed to pass over these important historic and patriotic dates. With more to come I'm sure...
VE Day
Memorial Day
D-Day
Will we forget...
Flag Day (June 14th)
Independence Day (July 4th)
VJ Day (August 15th)
And every brave man and woman that fought for our country and all the freedoms and liberty that was earned, Not given.
Remember ALL lives matter, not one individual...what about the millions of babies aborted every year. Wheres the outcry over that?
None of this should be politically or media ratings driven, that a slap on the face to each of us. We need to restore, faith, morals and values or surely the American experiment will fail before our eyes.
GOD BLESS AMERICA and ALL Americans!

Not to mention, but the Antifa/Anarchist crowd, aided and abetted by the Democratic party seems intent on erasing much of the countries history. Pelosi and others are demanding that statues of Washington and Jefferson be removed because they owned slaves, Christopher Columbus must become a non-person because he introduced disease and white rule to the native population. Monuments of Civil war generals must be also removed because they were on the wrong side of victory. So it goes. One of the ways a nation is destroyed is when it forgets who it is and how it got there and it is hard to imagine that is not the intent of the far left. Each erasure of history is another lost opportunity to teach about the shortcomings of past leaders and the consequences of their actions. If we do not teach such things, how can future leaders expect to do better.

Dave

But we have a new Holiday to celebrate : Juneteenth ! I think I spelled it right !

Last edited:
I wonder if there's a Friday afternoon ball game at Wrigley today? I think NOT, SAD!!!

That seems to be the logic. Anyone who knows anything, knows that when we forget the past, we're bound to make the same mistake's.

Exactly! Just had that conversation with my sister. Can't know where you're going if you don't know where you've been!

But we have a new Holiday to celebrate : Juneteenth ! I think i I spelled it right !
In the People's Republic of Oregon, Multnomah County (Portland) just made it June 19, a paid holiday for all county employees. This is at a time when the county is facing a 20% or greater budget shortfall due to corona virus lock downs. More liberal logic..

Dave

Back