It's been a while...

BLUPORT

Carpe Diem Cras
Reaction score
So, after selling the old Newport a few years ago, I admittedly stopped coming by the forums as often but still liked checking in to read things here and there.
Then it got even more rare that I came by, because life just got busy. Then in 2021 I started feeling pretty tough, my Doc didn't have much to say other than "take vitamins and lose a few pounds."
February 2022 came around and I could hardly make it through a day without getting nauseous and passing out mid-day to avoid throwing up, and one evening I started pissing blood. That's when the pain set in, and it occurred to me I had some pretty bad kidney stones. Called in a virtual visit to schedule the ultrasound to see how bad they were... that turned into an MRI which showed an 11cm mass on my kidney.
Stage 3 Renal Cell Carcinoma at 41 years old. Mind blown.
Here we are today, 5 months post-op, one less kidney and feeling better than I have in a decade!
I also found a car that fit exactly what I was looking for... Classic, V8, 2 door, and easy to find replacement parts.

At least it's still blue though, right?
I got it home last Wednesday, tags will be here tomorrow. (It even still has AC)
1978-pontiac-firebird-trans-am (4).jpg

thrashingcows

Reaction score
Nice to hear you're feeling better and are making a solid recovery! That is a nice looking car...Congrats! How is it optioned out?

BLUPORT

Carpe Diem Cras
Reaction score
Nice to hear you're feeling better and are making a solid recovery! That is a nice looking car...Congrats! How is it optioned out?
W72 6.6/400ci with a Borg Warner Super T-10 4-speed manual, factory Fisher T-Tops, AC, AM Radio, WS6 Package, and of course the iconic snowflake wheels.

BLUPORT

Carpe Diem Cras
Reaction score
Wow that’s sharp, congrats!
I have been thinking about you whenever I look at the kool octopus you made me. I too am glad you’re on the mend. Stick around here please.
I sadly had to give up 3D printing as well, maybe if I can find a way to retire, I'll pick it up again.

LocuMob

Fluid Technician with a hat
Reaction score
Nice ride, even matches the Newports color scheme with the silver wheels! Glad you're feeling better.

Roustabout

Reaction score
That is one sharp looking Trans Am! Super color combination too! Glad to hear your health is good these days too!

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
So, after selling the old Newport a few years ago, I admittedly stopped coming by the forums as often but still liked checking in to read things here and there.
Then it got even more rare that I came by, because life just got busy. Then in 2021 I started feeling pretty tough, my Doc didn't have much to say other than "take vitamins and lose a few pounds."
February 2022 came around and I could hardly make it through a day without getting nauseous and passing out mid-day to avoid throwing up, and one evening I started pissing blood. That's when the pain set in, and it occurred to me I had some pretty bad kidney stones. Called in a virtual visit to schedule the ultrasound to see how bad they were... that turned into an MRI which showed an 11cm mass on my kidney.
Stage 3 Renal Cell Carcinoma at 41 years old. Mind blown.
Here we are today, 5 months post-op, one less kidney and feeling better than I have in a decade!
I also found a car that fit exactly what I was looking for... Classic, V8, 2 door, and easy to find replacement parts.

At least it's still blue though, right?
I got it home last Wednesday, tags will be here tomorrow. (It even still has AC)
View attachment 550380
Glad to know you survived the first doctor’s (lack of) diagnostic, got proper care in the nick of time, and are now in remission. Thank you for posting here -- not a Mopar, but I really don’t care since it makes you happy. That’s all that matters.

The car looks hot — super color combo, great looking wheels. I would love to hear/see more about it, your search, and your upcoming adventures with it. Enjoy it in good health!

@amazinblue82 @commando1