It's Fu#@!*% Cold!

Camshaft

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of you lucky guys and girls live in areas of North America that are warm and dry, but up here in Canuck land it is freaking COLD! Arctic outflow warnings, from the Yukon to the border and into the US. Just got off the phone with a pal in Williams Lake, which is about 5 hours north of the border. Temperature is -34 with wind chill adding another -10 to that! I am right on the border with Washington State, current temp is -11 with high winds and snow flurries all day. I was going to do some painting on the interior doors of the convertible, but can't get the shop warm enough.
On the bright side, I have a big fire going in the fireplace, a beverage in my fist, my dog laying in front of the fire, and my wife has done a really outstanding job of decorating the house for Christmas. Very blessed to have what I have and hope all is well with my fellow C Body enthusiasts!

CamShaft

I hope we don’t get any serious arctic blasts here in Detroit. I got my first winter gas bill at my shop last week and it went up $80 bucks from last year for the same amount of gas.:BangHead:

In Northern California it was +67
here today. I had to put on a hoodie for (awhile) while working outside on cars. Sometimes we get some light frost in the morning!!!
Last time it snowed here was about 25 years ago.
There are many reasons to want
to leave California.
The weather isn’t one them.!!!!!
I do believe we pay some kinda of sunshine taxes though!!
It’s also why it’s beacon to homeless encampments.

Snowed 13 inches overnight! Still -10 and wind chill of -20 later this week. This can leave anytime. Here is my table on the back deck!

IMG_0191[1].JPG

It was sunny and not too much wind here today. Now that the winter Solstice has passed we have aggressive warming in the coming weeks.
010B125B-014E-4222-A405-9FB7CB5C1855.png

The Artic storm is just supposed to skirt us. -10 degrees F with wind chills of -20 to -30 F. My poor friends in Wyoming looking at wind chills tonight of -30 to -50. I'm glad we got my TTI headers and exhaust in last weekend in my buddies heated shop.

Today it is supposed to rain all day (washing away any salt on the roads) excellent. Except it is supposed to drop 25°f in 6 hours Friday morning while still raining, freezing rain, snow, dogs, cats, Cheerios whatever will be falling out of the sky.
Merry Christmas to me extra day off.

Back