It's not a beauty, but a heavy duty...

OldWarHorse300

Reaction score
Need to move Old Baroness ,so I need car dollies heavy duty enough for her. Only what I found near by was too light . No problem, buy three sets (2 dollies/ set , now I have 6 wheel's for every corner)
weld ton of metal for reinforcement and then you have ugly but HEAVY DUTY DOLLIES!
Regards,
Mika
20190918_201624.jpg
20190919_195118.jpg

Nice!:thumbsup:
Give a man a fish....

Nice work, and if you spray painted them black, I bet you could fool a lot of people into believing you bought them that way. Was it cheaper to buy the extra set just for the casters than to just buy more casters? :) I suppose you needed exactly the same size as the others.

I did something similar when I needed to store the 383 I pulled out of my car but keep it mobile. I bought a garden cart from Princess Auto (similar to Harbour Freight in Canada) to put it on. Then I spent a day with angle iron and a MIG welder beefing-up the cart to make sure it would hold the weight of the engine. Shortly afterward, PA started selling a heavier cart that probably would have sufficed without modification. :p

Last edited:
Nice work, and if you spray painted them black, I bet you could fool a lot of people into believing you bought them that way. Was it cheaper to buy the extra set just for the casters than to just buy more casters? :) I suppose you needed exactly the same size as the others.

I did something similar when I needed to store the 383 I pulled out of my car but keep it mobile. I bought a garden cart from Princess Auto (similar to Harbour Freight in Canada) to put it on. Then I spent a day with angle iron and a MIG welder beefing-up the cart to make sure it would hold the weight of the engine. Shortly afterward, PA started selling a heavier cart that probably would have sufficed without modification. :p

Yes ,it was much cheaper this way, total cost around 210 euros with extra metal parts and "only " two evening's to make them !:D
Mika

Back