J and J auto parts Starke FL

65Fury440

Reaction score
I spent the afternoon at this place today. If you are in FL, this guy has tons of old Mopars. He's really fair on stuff that's hard to find too.

Ive been to his place for an afternoon. Very hard guy to get ahold of. Bit does have a bunch of stuff. The longer you chat, and be friendly with him the lower his prices get. At the same te though, his prices can be flat out stupid. Last time i was out there, he had a 300 hurst. Complete basket case car. Yet wanted 10k for it. All the special parts were junk to (fiberglass parts). But still.... The only mopar yard your gonna find in northeast FL.

No pics, sorry, I was preoccupied pulling parts. I think next trip Jerry will open up a lil. Im not sure he wants people to snoop around a whole lot, I did catch what looked like a complete tubbed Duster under a carport and a complete 67ish Coronet? convert though. He wanted $700 for a 3.91 chunk , so yea, he tends to focus high on some stuff, but then he sold me a mirror for $10 and the little lenses on top of the 64 Dodge 440 front fenders for $10. I thought that was cheap.

It's 4 hrs. each way for me.
PLUS time in the yard, piss stops, eating....
And I don't know what's there or not.
Not worth it to me.

Seems like there isn't many formal NYB's in any junk yards. Even the ones that have hoards of C-bodies.

Seems like there isn't many formal NYB's in any junk yards. Even the ones that have hoards of C-bodies.
You have to remember
1. They weren't made in the numbers of previous C's
2. They're newer so more haven't made their way into yard yet.
3. They're very popular with the demo and the BluesMo guys.
4. We're cheap/broke SOB's so we're at the end of the supply line.

It's 4 hrs. each way for me.
PLUS time in the yard, piss stops, eating....
And I don't know what's there or not.
Not worth it to me.

I think you would like it stan. I'd say 3-5 acres of late '50s- '70s mopars. Some cool stuff to see. I was there once a couple years ago.. Had a few formals to look through. Pretty picked over though. I'm not sure if it would be worth your time however. The hard part is getting hold of the man. He never seems to answer the phone when I call. If you ever do get a bug to check it out, let me know. I'm about an hour away.. Not that far of a drive for me
You have to remember
1. They weren't made in the numbers of previous C's
2. They're newer so more haven't made their way into yard yet.
3. They're very popular with the demo and the BluesMo guys.
4. We're cheap/broke SOB's so we're at the end of the supply line.

I dont think you have to worry bout the bluemo guys with the NYBs. They would rather have a fury. Those seem a little more plentifull compared to the monacos

Jerry is a nice and friendly guy. I visited him already twice.
He has quiete a few fuseys. I can't remember seeing formals. He had some slabs, too.

here is a pic of the Hurst

amibilder1617.jpg

Jerry is good people. He knows pretty much what he has too.
Funny guy though.... NO technoligy and won't answer the phone until it rings at least 10 times, (says thats to discourage solicitors).
I saw him at the "Mopars at the Battleship" this weekend.... No 61 Plymouths in his yard though.

He comes to the swap meet up here at the Gibralter trade center in the winter annually, nice guy for sure.

Troubling seeing the number of Hurst 300's we seen that are in terrible shape in the last year.

Because its obvious it is something special, then left to rot because they wont let it go

Back