Jack storage on 65 Polara Convertible

Rexer

Reaction score
Can someone post a picture of the correct Jack storage for a 65 Polara Convertible? I think it may be different than the Hardtops/Sedans. I would imagine it's the same for all C Body verts.

Thanks

The wheel (and tire iron held down by being tucked under the tire sidewall) stow on the passenger side of the trunk floor. There's a sheet metal loop welded to the floor and the wheel goes over the loop. There's a hook bolt and wing nut, and the whole shebang is held down by the jack base plate.

The actual bar and jack mechanism stow in a pair of felt lined brackets - one over the passenger side wheel house and the other near the tail light. There's a wire loop welded to the wheel house, and a long spring that hooks onto the jack mechanism and the loop - you put the mechanism into "up" mode and tighten it against the spring which holds the jack bar and mechanism in the brackets.

The jack hook is held into the body brace beside the passenger side tail light opening by a special wing bolt, which threads into a special boss welded to the hook. This bolt is often lost...

Thank you for the detailed response. I think I have all of the parts. I'll take a look later today and see if I can get it all put in properly.

1966-dodge-polara-500.jpeg.jpg

You can just see the wing bolt for the hook on the body brace on the bottom right.

Back