Jay Leno "which Police car is worth more in five years" video

Not sure where this guy gets his numbers, C-Body police cars unrestored are going for more than what he said. That LASD Fury is probably worth double what he said it was worth.

Alan

Worthless in terms of value because you're establishing a $30 and $50k value for a car that technically should not even be on the market. How many sales do you base this upon? The same car twice? Good luck proving it isn't a fake.

Enlightening to learn the Italian government is too chickensh*t to sell their subjects a used-up police car. Hopefully they censor the entire 2+ hours of the Blues Brothers lest someone get the idea to drive a little crapcan Afro-Romeo copcar through il Mallo.

That version of the Alfa sells for a pretty penny when not a police version as well. Always has, for whatever reason. They have a cult like following, so that was not really surprising. I like about everything, but that is just not a car I could get excited about owning. I don't see the old Mustangs as a better investment either. I knew a State Trooper assigned to a Mustang LX 5 speed. He hated it. He told me that operating the radio and shifting gears was a difficult task when in pursuit, and overall a pain.

I find it very interesting that C body cars are very sought after in Europe especially Germany ,Netherlands,Switzerland, France etc and here not as much. But here many go ga ga over german Italian ,English etc. makes. On each side of the pond whatever is rare in their country is considered desirable. I personally wouldn't care to own any Alfa if you paid me.

Back