Jay Leno's 67 Imperial Crown Coupe

Does he (Jay) spin ANY wrenches on those cars?? Guess that's a dumb question, but I just want to know for sure.

Very nice video. Leno was more knowledgeable about the Imp than I expected. Matt, does your Imp have dual A/C? I love the power vent windows.

He mentioned he has no AC despite the Airtemp sticker IIRC.

Leno has my respect as a car guy. His collection of international car literature is huge and not just decoration. While I'm no big friend of judged contests in the hobby his being on duty at such events should also speak a bit for his credibility.

Yes. Just starting out. But still, it was kind of a reality check. You'll understand in 15 years.

No, I understand now, I am certain your saying, yeah right kid, but I get it...I truly do!

I have this video saved from a while back and love to watch it. Pretty sure I posted it here. Correct on the no a.c. Front or rear on my car. I don't think I'll ever see another Imperial that I like better then mine. I respect Leno as well but I'm not sure how he can say that car is largely unrestored. You can't drive a car that many miles without the seats and the carpet showing more wear then these do.

Haven't watched the vid completely yet, can't put on tone at the moment. Regarding interior wear I do have a 150 k miles car that is unbelieavably perfect. The seats were covered from day one as well as the carpet with coco- and rubber mats, never been smoked or even eaten something inside. It is possible in theory.

In the video Leno said the original owner bought 2 of everything for the car in replacement parts and he specifically mentioned both bumpers and light lenses. He mentioned that the original bought so many parts that he could of bought a 2nd Imp with the amount of money he spent on spare parts. I would believe replacement seats covers, and carpet would of been on top of the list as far as replacement parts.

It looks outstanding, that's right even in closeups. I'll study it later and see if I can find a flaw. :)

I will say that the hides that they were using in '67 were pretty durable as my car only has the one spot on the leather that is split likely from somebody large getting in and out thousands of times. The mohair inserts are rather delicate though and that car just looks too much like it rolled out of the showroom yesterday.

I'll make sure I install this when I get to Carlisle and then put the old one back before heading home. I'd hate to get a stone chip in this piece. The other side appears to have been replace at some point and just needs a polishing.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'll make sure I install this when I get to Carlisle and then put the old one back before heading home. I'd hate to get a stone chip in this piece. The other side appears to have been replace at some point and just needs a polishing.

Nice!!!!!!!

He has so many cars it is not surprising that he would lose track of what was done to each.

I bet he has somebody that keeps track and maintains a file on receipts, oil changes, work done, etc, for each car and bike.

Back