Jazabelles new seats

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I finally got my seats back from the trimmer and installed them yesterday....

She now has 6 way power on both sides, a passenger recliner and head rests.

I still want to get the paint cut & buffed before Carlisle....... Just never ends... :love2:

new front seats (Large).JPG

Looks good, but what are the headreasts from?

Thanks guys....
The headrests were original to the seats which came out of my 69 300 convertible parts car. These are the type of headrests which came with the reclining seat option, (The driver headrest is an option if not equipped with the reclining seatback).

The non-reclining seat headrests were the oval type, (Headrests became mandatory in Jan of 69). They were an option before that. My 300 was built in OCT 68 and had no headrests.

The books show the reclining seats as being avaliable only in black, as these seats were. (I have seen at least one example in white though).
Legendary custom made the passenger reclining seat back cover in white for me and my trimmer used the original black headrest covers as a pattern to make the white covers.

69 300 in sneed 3 (Large).jpg

Mopar has a tradition with odd seat combinations like one headreast on the recliner or these higher back driver seats on some models in the early 60s.

Mopar has a tradition with odd seat combinations like one headreast on the recliner or these higher back driver seats on some models in the early 60s.

My 61 Fury has a seat like that. The drivers seat back is higher then the passenger side. They refer to is as the "command" seat.

My 61 Fury has a seat like that. The drivers seat back is higher then the passenger side. They refer to is as the "command" seat.

I just read an article in the latest Collectible Automobile Mag that compared a 1961 Imperial to a 61 Cadillac and a 61 Lincoln. Imperial beat them in luxury, styling and performance. Sales, however, was disappointing.

WOW.......looks better than brand new

That car got as good a home as was possible. And you have a perfect trim guy Will, don't lose him!

Last edited:
Back