Jazabelles rear end

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
OK ...... Get your mind out of the gutter......

The restored 8.75, 3:23 sure grip ready to install into Jazabelle. Hopefully next week sometime,.... at least before heading for Daytona at thanksgiving.

3;23 sure grip 1 (Large).jpg

3;23 sure grip 2 (Large).JPG

Were the pumpkins red oxide from the factory? All the one\s I've seen were all rust/ grime covered. Just curious

Nice Will, you're a real pro!

I love it when guys take the effort to detail the stuff they're repairing anyway. That is NICE!

Looking good, love seeing improvements on an already great car.

I installed the upgraded rear axle in jazebelle today. It went well and made a noticeable difference in performance.

The speedo is off by a good margine now. Does anyone have a speedo pinion gear for a 727 to sell ....? It's a 31 tooth, green, part number 2538931.

axle 3 (Large).jpg

Stan, didn't you or someone post a chart with the ring & pinion gear, tire size, and speedo gear PN's??? I can't remember what file I put it in......dammit!!!

You're welcome.
Yes, you really need to take your tire size, calculate the diameter, then work backwards to pick the correct gear for your rear end ratio, Since it will be pretty hard to hit it dead on, use the Miata calculator to determine the %-age it will be off by and to get the smallest error. Under 5% and you're doing good.

Back