JB Weld, Still the best.

Cool video, I always use JB weld. I have learned if it does it hold nothing else will.

Did you cringe a little when he was mixing up the JB weld? I was thinking what a waste, he mixed way too much for his experiment. :)

Trying to be a miserly cheap bastard, I never mix enough. :BangHead:

I am like that with anything I mix up, which has a pot life. I have gotten pretty good at estimating a wall repair product called Durham's water putty.

The only thing I go high on first is when I make a lens, if I have under poured the lens it is trash. I do weigh the left over product and reduce the the next pour by that amount. :)

I've had the pleasure of being long time friendz with a guy and his wife that are both with the Lord now called Homosassa Springs on the gulf an hour or so north of St. Pete. Retired in the mid-late '80s and moved from Michigan to Homosassa and bought ah Laundry Mat to keep him out of the local Hooterez. early '90s hiz monster size dryer broke a 45* beveled drive gear on the tumbler IN HALF. He went to be with the Lord rite after 9/11 and hiz wife sold the Laundry Mat shortly after that and that JBWeld fix on that odd ball gear waz still holding tight. My additional testimonial to the strength of that GREAT product, Jer

Years ago when i used to spend a lot of time 4x4'ing in the mountains a fairly common occurrence was to punch a hole in the gas tank. The fix that always worked, tear a patch out of a pair of jockey shorts and saturate the cloth with JB Weld, then slap it over the hole and lay under the truck and hold it in place for few min. Then cut a bigger patch, saturate with JB and slap it over the first patch. This was usually done while fuel was pissing out onto your face. This gave you incentive to watch where the heck you drove and why you avoided rocks sticking up. When back in town, I'd cover th whole thing with a third patch. I never had one leak. I even scraped the heck out of one with another rock and the patch held. JB Weld is like American Express, never leave home without it!

I picked up a 73 RR with a freeze cracked block, dirt cheap. The block was split within an inch from the head deck to an inch from the pan mounting area. The crack went thru a frost plug hole as well. Amazingly, it ran like a scalded cat, just couldn't run it for long. I pulled the engine, got a new frost plug set , a few gaskets, seals, water pump, timing chain, and a can of mopar blue paint, since I was there. Cleaned the whole engine block. Mixed up both tubes of jb, and slathered it on. It wasn't pretty, but it held coolant for the years it got me to work. Good stuff!

I have also used JB Weld to fix a porous gas tank on a '68 Imperial Crown Coupe that I had in the early '90s, a sheet metal screw slathered in JB weld did the trick
I also used their putty to fix a crack in the bottom of an above ground 275 gal oil tank that was filled with oil, it worked liked a charm!
Great stuff!

It will keep the gear oil in a Eaton rear end till the next section rots out. Oil pan on a Cummins is only ever a temporary fix, their oil pans are allergic to anything but salt.

I used it to fix my transmission valve body. There was a galley that had split under the cover. I JB’d it and used flat plate glass and sand paper to machine it flat.
At the time (2008) I was second guessing my fix so I ordered a new valve body off E-bay. The guy contacted me and asked why I thought I needed a new one. I explained the break and how I fixed it. He assured me that the JB weld would be just fine. He explained to me that the field fix was to drive a 3/8” lock washer in there to support the wall. As you drive it in it fits the galley perfectly. It seems that after ‘68 Chrysler added a support dam in the casting to prevent this from cracking. He said he would still sell it to me if I wanted it, but thought that my fix would last forever. So still running my original valve body with JB Weld.

134D0C3E-A6E1-4D30-BA38-5524C0F77F43.png
F809E809-6A44-4DE1-8A03-1F3831D49A85.png

I'll call it out as the bullshit starts at 5 1/2 minutes.

JB Weld did break at the joint.

Is Flex Glue better than JB Weld, Gorilla & Loctite_  Let's find out!_00_05_24_01.jpg
Is Flex Glue better than JB Weld, Gorilla & Loctite_  Let's find out!_00_05_24_02.jpg
Is Flex Glue better than JB Weld, Gorilla & Loctite_  Let's find out!_00_05_24_03.jpg

Is Flex Glue better than JB Weld, Gorilla & Loctite_  Let's find out!_00_05_25_04.jpg

And with the wood joints anyone that has taken a good Jr High wood shop class knows you have to clamp any wood glued joint.
As far as the metal to metal... why glue when you can weld, sheech.

Just more promo youboob crap that earns the channel $2.8K - $45.6K ESTIMATED MONTHLY EARNINGS via SocialBlade.
Thank gawd he sped up the assembly crap, but I wonder what commercials some people have to endure to watch this.

:soapbox:

What's really funny about this thread is some spammer replied to it, bringing it back from the dead. The spammer is gone, (post and him are deleted) but the thread takes on new life when it hit the top again.

What's really funny about this thread is some spammer replied to it, bringing it back from the dead. The spammer is gone, (post and him are deleted) but the thread takes on new life when it hit the top again.
Not many actually seem to read other than the opening post of a thread - and once it's resurrected they once again read part of the first post (but not date), and start piling on again......... I often find it entertaining and it's one of the reasons I still hang around.

Not many actually seem to read other than the opening post of a thread - and once it's resurrected they once again read part of the first post (but not date), and start piling on again......... I often find it entertaining and it's one of the reasons I still hang around.
What's really great is when the OP hasn't been around in years... That is always just a little funnier.

I'll throw another monkey into the 'mix'.

1111_1.jpg

1111_2.jpg

1111_3.jpg

Very popular in the Offshore Industry. (remember the keywords 'Emergency Fix")

Back