Junk yard stepping back in time

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have drove past this junk yard probably 100 times. Today I pulled in. I was a beautiful sunny day and I wandered the yard for an hour.

I was looking to see if they might have a 65/66 300, no luck, but I found a New Yorker and Neport of the same age.

Here is my Flicker site if you want to see some more.http://www.flickr.com/photos/90316451@N07/sets/72157632071033330/

Believe it or not this is an actual working junk yard, but as you can see there is no car crusher on site.
Junk yards.jpg

Junk yards.jpg

Very Kool! I'll take that Caddy grill for a shop wall hanger. Those are stunning works of art I don't care what condition it's in. If you go back do me a favor and find out how much they want for it.
thanks for the great pics!

It's absolute therapy walking a place like that. There's a similar yard about an hour away that I visit a couple times a year. Can't see all of it but the dash pad in that New Yorker looks like it could be saved.

Very Kool! I'll take that Caddy grill for a shop wall hanger. Those are stunning works of art I don't care what condition it's in. If you go back do me a favor and find out how much they want for it.
thanks for the great pics!

I love that Caddy grill too. I am going to go back with my good camera. I might not go back until after a light snow, but if I get a nice sun shiny day like today I will ask them what they want for it. I wiil be back so I'll check it out for you.

It's absolute therapy walking a place like that. There's a similar yard about an hour away that I visit a couple times a year. Can't see all of it but the dash pad in that New Yorker looks like it could be saved.

That dash pad and the whole blue dash was in very good shape. The blue interior door handle was nearly perfect. Much better than the one in my car.

Not in Ohio. Ohio is VERY business friendly.

They can't afford not to be. Greedy capitalist corporations have a gun to their head using the non-union minimum wage South as a threat.

As a successful business man, it's not obvious to you. I don't begrudge you a nickel of your hard earned money, though. You have always worked your balls off in a gruelling trade.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Last edited:
Ohio has a few of those yards. There was one on the PA side of the line that was said to have nice older stuff

They can't afford not to be. Greedy capitalist corporations have a gun to their head using the non-union minimum wage South as a threat.

As a successful business man, it's not obvious to you. I don't begrudge you a nickel of your hard earned money, though. You have always worked your balls off in a gruelling trade.

(Sent using Forum Runner)
It's all about the lobby. When I worked for a large company, we had the ear of the governor. As a small business owner, it's simple Darwinism. Look around, learn the rules then find your niche.

It's all about the lobby. When I worked for a large company, we had the ear of the governor. As a small business owner, it's simple Darwinism. Look around, learn the rules then find your niche.

Well stated. If not......you won't be in business long.

By the way, thanks, Commando. I mopped my share of hot tar in the Florida sun.

If I were you, I'd go back and grab all the trim clips I could from the Newport and New Yorker. You'll be glad you did when you're putting your trim back on after paint.

The heat, cold, wind and rain are a problem, i'll leave my tanning for the beach

Back