Junkyards in southern AZ and CA?

hankchinaski

Reaction score
Hi Gentlemen!
I'm on vacation in Scottsdale AZ right now. My trip will bring me from here via Yuma and San Diego to LA. Can anybody recommend a junkyard with Mopars to take some pics? Thanks!

Desert Valley Auto Parts would be a good stop. There are others in the same vicinity that might also be good to visit. A couple come to mind such as Hidden Valley Auto Parts and Desert Car Kings Auto Parts. There aren't any really good junk yards in California anymore for old cars. The only one I can think of would be Big M Automotive in Williams, California (near Sacramento) but that is much further north than the Los Angeles area and the cars there are more of the older models.

You might want to consider dropping by Copperstate Classic Cars - more of a restoration shop/ car sales in Phoenix.

Have fun!

I googeled the junkyards. Are Desert Valley Auto Parts and Car King the same? Google shows the equal adress.
But anyway - it's not far from my hotel. And Hidden Valley is on my way to I-8 to Yuma!

Hi,

desert valley has two locations in AZ.
One in the northern Phoenix area and one in Casa Grande (the old Wiseman yard).
Hidden valley auto parts is the third big yard in AZ

Carsten

You may want to google pic-a-part. It's been a few years but I got parts for a 67 Dart near Simi Valley.The pic-a-parts in the Las Vegas area surprise me once in a while with older cars.

Have been to Desert Valley Auto Parts. Tourists are welcome, 2 $ entrance fee. Nice junkyard but really rotten stuff. Sometimes hard to believe that the parts of metal were cars in another time. Fascinating and apocalyptic!

@Carsten: Thanks for your recomandations! Fresno is not on our way. See you at the latest at bbtr!

Bastian

Hi Bastian,

it is the other way round.
The parts at DVAP are not rotten. That is why the cars are so cut up.
Lots of grat sheetmetal for those with rusty cars.

If you compare it with Murray you will find way more intact cars sitting at Murrays. But only because no one wants to buy rusted body panels.

Of course Murrays place is way more sympatic and lets the phantasy fly which cars could be saved

See you at BBTR

Carsten

Back