Just a minor update

Ok, all this hood ornament chatter has got me wanting a new one for my '67...anybody holding any NOS ones?

Just remortgage the house and you can have this one...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/113176130/nos-1967-imperial-hood-ornament

il_570xN_388626369_o2d2.jpg

That's rediculous! It's used! I was getting prepared to see an NOS one for $250 as I opened the link and I was excited about it! This guy is a fool...at least until a bigger idiot buys it.

Yep, that's no where close to NOS. Watch......it'll be for sale for $775 ten years from now.

Nope...that guy thinks he's the online Barret-Jackson...

Try Arizona Parts. A part number would help a lot. You get a parts manual on EBay cheap too. Mine is 1500 pages and I got it for $50 with free shipping. Best purchase I Ever made.

Looking good Bob, I love that frost blue..... Your picture makes me want a car that color.

I always thought a factory parts book was mandatory. Having the correct part number makes locating parts so much easier. Many times the number is cast into the part itself.... especially true with emblems and medalions.

Here is a link to another parts supplier that has helped me with some rare parts...

http://www.collectorsautosupply.com/search/index.htm

Collectors auto supply is a database that has all the other nos vendors inventory listed. He's kind of like a broker, when you buy from him, your really buying from the guy who has the part, collectors is the middle man

They have a similar system over here for GM parts. Luckily I know a guy who has access and gives me the address of the original seller when I ask.

if you have the part numbers you can find anything on partsvoice and it sends you direct to the vendor who is selling it

I'm familiar with European GM parts, they reused them after a while for new models, so if you look for some 68 model brake pad you could end up with one for a 2005 model. Does this happen with Chrysler parts as well ?

Looking good Bob, I love that frost blue..... Your picture makes me want a car that color.

Thanks Will.

I have a long, long way to go to get to Jezabelle standards. LOL!

Looking good Bob, I love that frost blue..... Your picture makes me want a car that color

Thanks Will.

I have a long, long way to go to get to Jezabelle standards. LOL!

Your closing in fast Bob.
I still have a ways to go with Jezabelle but pretty happy so far. Pictures make her look great but there is room for improvement. Shes a driver, not a show car.

Wellllll....... Not really true. ...there were/are factory built race cars not mean for road use...... Just saying....
:poke:
YAH! Just saying... :poke:
A factory race Hemi won't get you to the end of the driveway without fouling the plugs.
The street Hemi will get you to the end of the block.
Moot point, though. I still want one.

Last edited:
Back