Just Brought- 1965 300L 4 Speed

Reaction score
After selling my 66 300 to a fellow member of C bodies, I picked up the car that was the reason for selling the 66. It's been sitting in a heated garage for 36 years. She has 55,000 original miles with all original paint and interior. When the original owner brought it new he traded in a 62 300H, He had the dealer install dual quads, dual mirrors on the fenders (which I took off) and dual antennas in the rear. He had that all done before he took delivery of it. Now the fun begins to get her ready for the road again.
IMG_1567.JPG
IMG_1588.JPG
IMG_1582.JPG
IMG_1593.JPG

Looks like one for the "You suck" list to me which of course is a good thing! Beautiful car gonna go and tell my 66 its time to step it up or else...

My heart rate went up when I saw this post and it stayed up when I saw the pictures what a great car.

I like it!

Here's an interesting point of discussion... If you were "restoring" the car, would you leave the twin antennas etc. because that's the way it was delivered to the customer? Or would it be the way it rolled off the assembly line.

I'd do it the way I like... I'd leave the dual 4bbl and maybe the mirrors and lose the rear antenna, but that's me.

I like it!

Here's an interesting point of discussion... If you were "restoring" the car, would you leave the twin antennas etc. because that's the way it was delivered to the customer? Or would it be the way it rolled off the assembly line.

I'd do it the way I like... I'd leave the dual 4bbl and maybe the mirrors and lose the rear antenna, but that's me.
That car is so bad ***... I would leave it as delivered myself... but the only wrong answer is to do anything different than factory or dealer... Just too rare a find.

YOWwwwwww........!!!! Gorgeous, Black, red and a 4 speed.
Restore.....? Restore what...? I've always liked dual antennas.

I second the "you suck" motion.

I believe this car has a rare rear end in it. Dana 53 (9.25") I believe. If it does, I sure would like to see a bunch of pictures of that rear axle when you get a chance.

I like it!

I am going to try to keep it as original as is condition as I can. Except the mirrors, I just can't get passed them. What is your thoughts?
IMG_1544.JPG
IMG_1548.JPG
IMG_1549.JPG

Back