Just Joined FCBO

Margos Dezirian

Reaction score
Greetings FCBO Folks

I have been lurking on this site for a couple of months and am impressed with the knowledge and quality of members and their projects.
Last summer my better half bought me a !966 300 that was pointed out to me by a friend of mine.
I didn't know at the time that I was even looking for an old MoPar. but after reviewing the Facebook Market post for a week I knew I had to get back into it.

If I was to bring this car home, I knew from experience that I was not going to get involved in a restoration/ restification project.
I have done a couple of rotisserie resto/mods in the past and I have found out that once they were finished I didn't enjoy them as much as I had hoped because they ended up being too nice to enjoy.

The 300 was going to be a (but not an everyday) driver.
It is a low option car. No air or power seats, windows etc.
It does have power brakes and I would love to convert to manual.

Mopar C Bodies have alway been a favorite of mine.
Before I was 20 I had two 1973 Furys: a 318 Fury I and a 440 ex NYS Police car. I loved them both.
Later there was a 69 Imperial 70 Fury and a 65 Newport that was raced as an enduro car. Along the way were many other MoPars.

The car I have now , honestly, is to, I guess, try to recapture some of the days that are long gone.
I must say, it has been great to move my SAE tools to the front and the metric to the rear of my tool drawers.

The 300 was being used as a daily driver by the previous owner, he had done some good maintenance and such to keep it reliable.
Brake lines, Brakes, Tires(14 inch), pertronix Etc.

However when I got it there was a horrible rear end noise that went away when I changed the Axle bearings. ( Not Green).
Other items addressed since i have taken ownership is:
Brake booster
Transmission service
Remove and clean oil pan. I have lost more than one engine from old sludge and debris clogging the oil inlet screen.
Timing chain. R&R with steel set. The original nylon looked good though.
235 70 15 tires on police rims
Patch minor holes in the floor.
Ammeter Bypass
Bulkhead electrical connection inspection cleaning pack with grease.
various other minor details.
Duals and Seatcovers are next.

Anyways Hello!

Welcome Margos! I've been daily driving my '67 Newport lately because it has an awesome heater, and temps here in Tampa have dipped into the 40s. But winter will be over here tomorrow, and temps will be back into the 70s by the weekend. But I digress.

Enjoy the 300 and don't hesitate to ask any questions. Cheers

Welcome. Looks like you will have some experience and knowledge to help out the rest of us.

Brake booster
Wait? What? Are you on drugs or what? If you want, or wanted manual brakes, then why did you address the brake booster??? I got nuthin with comments like this, you don't know what you want but you want it all! You'll regret the decision to remove the booster after you've removed the booster!!!! Good Luck

Wait? What? Are you on drugs or what? If you want, or wanted manual brakes, then why did you address the brake booster??? I got nuthin with comments like this, you don't know what you want but you want it all! You'll regret the decision to remove the booster after you've removed the booster!!!! Good Luck
Wrong!!!!
Your speculation about drugs is amusing.
And I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that a person's medical records and requirements are protected under HIPA.

I have owned 2 1970 318 Furys amongst others with manual drums.
I also set up my Dart with manual disc.
It was great!
They are very different than a power brake car with an inop booster.
I addressed the booster as a stopgap until I find the correct pedal and reinforcement.
It will be at that time when I upgrade to a dual MC.
That's what I want and it is not all of everything.

Thank you for the wish of Luck.

You wouldn't happen to have any of the parts I may need do you?

Back in Oct 2020, NormanPlombe had this discussion and endured the criticism. The thread is "1966 300 power to manual steering". Probably worth a read. He did manual brakes too. Lindsay

Greetings FCBO Folks

I have been lurking on this site for a couple of months and am impressed with the knowledge and quality of members and their projects.
Last summer my better half bought me a !966 300 that was pointed out to me by a friend of mine.
I didn't know at the time that I was even looking for an old MoPar. but after reviewing the Facebook Market post for a week I knew I had to get back into it.

If I was to bring this car home, I knew from experience that I was not going to get involved in a restoration/ restification project.
I have done a couple of rotisserie resto/mods in the past and I have found out that once they were finished I didn't enjoy them as much as I had hoped because they ended up being too nice to enjoy.

The 300 was going to be a (but not an everyday) driver.
It is a low option car. No air or power seats, windows etc.

Mopar C Bodies have alway been a favorite of mine.
Before I was 20 I had two 1973 Furys: a 318 Fury I and a 440 ex NYS Police car. I loved them both.
Later there was a 69 Imperial 70 Fury and a 65 Newport that was raced as an enduro car. Along the way were many other MoPars.

The car I have now , honestly, is to, I guess, try to recapture some of the days that are long gone.
I must say, it has been great to move my SAE tools to the front and the metric to the rear of my tool drawers.

The 300 was being used as a daily driver by the previous owner, he had done some good maintenance and such to keep it reliable.
Brake lines, Brakes, Tires(14 inch), pertronix Etc.

However when I got it there was a horrible rear end noise that went away when I changed the Axle bearings. ( Not Green).
Brake booster
Transmission service
Remove and clean oil pan. I have lost more than one engine from old sludge and debris clogging the oil inlet screen.
Timing chain. R&R with steel set. The original nylon looked good though.
235 70 15 tires on police rims
Patch minor holes in the floor.
Ammeter Bypass
Bulkhead electrical connection inspection cleaning pack with grease.
various other minor details.
Duals and Seatcovers are next.

Anyways Hello!

Central New York? You in (or around) Syracuse?

I only have a few pics since I have owned it, I hope to have more this year.
The first one is from the previous owner. The second is bringing it home and the third is earlier this year.
Resized_20220722_123337.jpg
July 23 2022.jpg
300 at park a.jpg

Wow, re-reading this thread, I again see how Stubbs is his usual ***** self. Something is wrong with that guy.

Back