Just picked this `71 Super Bee, shed find!

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Thought you guys might like to start seeing some of my other stuff. I just bought this one from the same guy I bought a `70 Road Runner project from a couple of months ago, which I did just sell on Ebay.
This is a 1 of 203 built 383 3 spd manual trans cars with its original engine that was running in a different car until last week, it's now just sitting in the engine compartment for shipping. This car was originally dark gold metallic with blackout hood and stripes and a light gold bench seat interior. 2 build sheets and 1 of 2 fender tags still attached and he swears he still has the other tag somewhere, I hope. The fender tag that is still attached is blank except for some inspection stamps. The car is pretty complete including a 4 spd trans and still has a nice rallye gauge cluster with a tach and an oil pressure gauge. It's rusty but came with a `71 parts car that has some solid metal chassis parts on it. It needs to be cleaned up and I'll post some more pics as I get it ready to sell.

IMG_8394.JPG

IMG_8397.jpg

IMG_8403.JPG

IMG_8404.jpg

IMG_8406.jpg

Did you find build sheets yet? Are you going to restore it original condition, paint, and interior?

Your projects are very interesting whether they are C's, B's, or E's. I don't think anyone on this site would mind (except one a-hole who seemed to have disappeared as of late) if you posted pictures and tell about your restorations while in progress. I would love to see the 71 Charger and all the cars you are working on.

71-74's have t be my favorite B-bodies. And a 383/3speed..now THAT IS COOL!! Hope you put back the original 3 speed manual. A 71 B-body with a 383/4speed is just that...another 383/4speed, IMO. I love the odd bad stuff, I'll spend so much more time looking at one of those.

Were those 3 speeds still on the column or did they move them to the floor by then?

It would have been a floor shift but that does bring up an interesting question, when was the last column shifted manual trans?

Did you find build sheets yet? Are you going to restore it original condition, paint, and interior?

Your projects are very interesting whether they are C's, B's, or E's. I don't think anyone on this site would mind (except one a-hole who seemed to have disappeared as of late) if you posted pictures and tell about your restorations while in progress. I would love to see the 71 Charger and all the cars you are working on.

Yes, I have both copies of the build sheet found in this car. I think all Mopar projects are interesting, something I like about seeing them unrestored and how time and geographic location have treated each one a little differently. To be completely honest with you gents, I won't be keeping this one. I have 3 other projects that would need to get finished first + the upkeep on my Imperial, I wouldn't touch this one for years and years. I've got people that have heard that I am likely to buy desireable Mopar project cars so my phone rings every so often. I will clean this up inside and out, grab some parts this one needs from the parts car and offer it up on FBBO and Ebay. This is a good way to make a little money to pay for my habits and have some fun with these cars. I learn an amazing amount with each car that passes through my hands.

71-74's have t be my favorite B-bodies. And a 383/3speed..now THAT IS COOL!! Hope you put back the original 3 speed manual. A 71 B-body with a 383/4speed is just that...another 383/4speed, IMO. I love the odd bad stuff, I'll spend so much more time looking at one of those.

I'll tell you what, I do find the fact that this is an original 3 spd car very kool, however, I would probably choose a 4 spd to replace it if I actually did this car. There were less then 800 4spd `71 Super Bees made so it's still on the rare side. Otherwise I would restore this one per the build sheet. It may not be the most desireable color combo but I'm sure it was a very nice looking car when it was new.

I'll tell you what, I do find the fact that this is an original 3 spd car very kool, however, I would probably choose a 4 spd to replace it if I actually did this car. There were less then 800 4spd `71 Super Bees made so it's still on the rare side. Otherwise I would restore this one per the build sheet. It may not be the most desireable color combo but I'm sure it was a very nice looking car when it was new.

They had a bunch of these 1971 beauties (Charger's/Super Bee's) at the Retro Dealership at Carlisle last year. There was a rainbow of colors. They ALL looked fantastics.

They had a bunch of these 1971 beauties (Charger's/Super Bee's) at the Retro Dealership at Carlisle last year. There was a rainbow of colors. They ALL looked fantastics.

Once again, very sorry I missed Carlisle but I leave for the Nats a week from today!

You know I will!

It would have been a floor shift but that does bring up an interesting question, when was the last column shifted manual trans?
Good question. I know it was still an option on the `69 B bodies. A friend of mine has a `69 sport satelite 318 three in the tree ragtop with power windows and air!

I had a 1977 Dodge pickup with a slant 6 and 3 on the tree.

No, not taking the Imperial to the Nats, doing the swap meet thing so I'll be driving my truck.
That is one of the oddest combos that I've heard of Goodneighbour, interesting what people wanted back in the day.
Polara71, don't forget I got screwed out of Carlisle last month! Guts? You think the Bee is rough? It's no worse then my `68 was when I started it and it is in better shape then my Challenger which I'm about to start.

What parts are you taking to the swap meet? Do you have a wiper cam for a 78 NY'er?

:sSig_lol3:

What parts are you taking to the swap meet? Do you have a wiper cam for a 78 NY'er?

:sSig_lol3:

No but I have been keeping an eye out for one around here for you.

No but I have been keeping an eye out for one around here for you.

The part number on it is 3799 183 and here's a picture of it. Newmexguy may be able to get one for me but if you find another would be great. Thanks, Matt.

DSC01239.jpg

DSC01239.jpg

Back