Kenmore sewing machine parts

Newport 66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Ok. I know this is a car site and I know some will have to throw arrows my way, but my beautiful wife is getting desperate!!
She collects and uses vintage sewing machines. Her Kenmore model 54 (158.542) needs a new stitch length regulator plastic piece. We've searched the web, she's reached out to all of her sewing groups (websites included) and no luck. I've asked a couple of members here about 3D printing one, to no avail. So if anyone here can help either with the part or a contact we would greatly appreciate it. I've attached a schematic with the part circled. Thanks in advance from Julie and me!!

20200225_172803.jpg

I hear ya man, when the wife's tools are down everyone feels the pain! My wife has a whole room full of fabric. She sews and embroiders all the time and I'm lucky enough all her equipment is pretty new and I haven't had to help her part search, YET! Sorry I'm no help unless you need formal parts

Sewing...another dying art sad to say..

There are way to many upholstery shops, dress makers, tailors, seamstress's, customizers, etc. that the art will never die! I bought and taught myself so that I could save some coin and redo my Van seats, not great but a hell of a lot better then what I had!
Dam Newport, even I came up empty trying to help find you something, it almost seems easier to buy a new/another machine and strip it for parts, then look for parts to fix it. Dam, I hope my old HD Singer never takes a dump? Good Luck

There are way to many upholstery shops, dress makers, tailors, seamstress's, customizers, etc. that the art will never die! I bought and taught myself so that I could save some coin and redo my Van seats, not great but a hell of a lot better then what I had!
Dam Newport, even I came up empty trying to help find you something, it almost seems easier to buy a new/another machine and strip it for parts, then look for parts to fix it. Dam, I hope my old HD Singer never takes a dump? Good Luck
Buy another machine???!?? That, sir is a last resort. This is like looking for that last trim piece for your restoration project. It's a quest, a chance to satisfy the need to see it to completion, fill that "holy grail" with the wine of success.....lol.
Thanks for your efforts!!!

Dave, those are the stitch design cams to make different stitches. The part we need is to change the stitch lenght (up and down throw).
Thank you very much for looking into this for us. Its appreciated!!!!

What I should have referred to is everybody had a Grandma,Mother or Aunt that sewed everything in the house--blankets,curtains,shirts,etc. and repaired a button or rip in clothing.

For as many of these machines were made and sold, the parts and disributers of them is very feeble! My wife also sews, and needed a part for one of her machines. Terrible support. Hours of searching the internet and a complete waste of time. I wound up making the part myself. PITA!

Good luck is all I can offer. Ohhhhhhh and she's a keeper:thumbsup:

Back