Kono Weatherproof Car Cover - Anyone Using?

rexus31

Reaction score
I'm considering trying out this car cover on the 300:

[CHRYSLER 300-SERIES] CAR COVER- Ultimate Full Custom-Fit All Weather Protection | eBay

I've been a die hard California Car Cover user (Extreme Weave Outdoor) since I've owner my car. Although the material is waterproof, it does leak at the seams. The above referenced Kono cover uses double stitched, heat sealed seams they claim do not leak and the material is breathable. This is appealing to me as it makes the cover easier to clean as you can simply hose it off. Thoughts?

bart eating popcorn.gif

I'm interested in the weather proof capacity myself. I would be curious of how soft the material is against the paint. Not necessarily a dealbreaker if you put the California cover on first and then this next. Might be an excellent combination.
For the price it is worth a shot. I can't buy a decent weight tarp for that.

I know ad states for a '300', but I'm thinking like in the new 300's, not 60s/70s models. I didnt see a year mentioned in the ad.

Edit... I take that back. I see now where you can pick the model year.

IMHO, the weatherproof covers don't "breathe" like other covers and can cause more damage then they prevent. I've taken covers off cars in dry garages after severe temperature changes and had the cars be wet with condensation. Maybe if they are in an environment where there are no changes in temperature, they might be fine, but I would be very hesitant to use one.

FWIW, the last California Cover I bought was dropped shipped directly from Cover Craft.

Back