Last day of L and M body production in Kenosha, WI

Carmine

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
It works, but just takes a long time for the video to load. Leave the new window open and check it later.

Works on my desktop.....takes a little time to buffer though

It took some time on my phone as well. Total length is 30 mins. Don't ya wish video cameras had be around in the 60s?

That could very well be the plant they made the Omni GLH's and GLHT's from 84 to 86. They may have also partially assembled the Shelby GLHS's and shipped them out to Shelby's plant in Whittier CA for completion.

Thanks for posting!!

That could very well be the plant they made the Omni GLH's and GLHT's from 84 to 86. They may have also partially assembled the Shelby GLHS's and shipped them out to Shelby's plant in Whittier CA for completion.

Thanks for posting!!

I "think" in those years, Omni's were built in Belvidere IL. L-body was supposed to go away in '87, but Chrysler found itself with extra capacity after buying AMC, so the L-body was "simplified" (America models) and lived on for two more years in the AMC plant (and another 6 months at Jefferson).

Thanks for that. Very interesting. If I remember correctly the Omni was made through 1990 as I installed the square outside rear view mirrors which were offered that year only on to my glh. All previous years were round i think. The rear view mirrors were the Only thing round on the car except the fricken tires. So I went with the 1990 square ones.

Back