Latest project.

furyus 67

Reaction score
Here's my latest project. 1983 D150 . Slant 6,4speed with 83125 miles. It originally belong to my furnace guy. He bought it for his 1st service truck.
IMG_0836.JPG
IMG_0835.JPG
IMG_0844.JPG
IMG_0846.JPG
IMG_0845.JPG
IMG_0848.JPG
It now belongs to my uncle. He's retiring next year and turning in his lease. He told me to find him an "old man putt around truck". If this doesn't fit the bill....I don't know what does lol.

Your furnace guy must not have done much work in the winter, that truck looks solid!

Your furnace guy must not have done much work in the winter, that truck looks solid!
It's very solid. A small amount of surface rust and that's it. As of now I've gotta find a carb and possibly a distributor to get rid of the lean burn crap. Trying to find a good forum for it. Anybody have any suggestions??

Should run for another 33 years after some minor repairs.

I just checked it out! Gonna join. After being on this one for so long, most others are terrible to navigate. Can't believe I didn't find that before!! Thank you sir!!
You are quite welcome, there are a few of us on the site from FCBO. I am and I use the same name, LocuMob and he uses the same name. There may be others that I don't know.

Well after pulling the carb and realizing the p/o's old mechanic had failed at drilling and tapping the the carb/base plate bolt holes..... I did it again lol. I'm counting on replacing the carb but at this point I just want to hear it run for more that 10 seconds . So a little more drilling and running another tap thru the enlarged whole and some dremmel grinding so the 1.25 course thread bolt head would clear the the carb and spacer....its tight again. Gonna clean out the tank,dump some fresh gas in er and see how well it runs.....fingers crossed
IMG_0857.JPG
IMG_0862.JPG

Back