LCA pivot shaft engagement

Dylan Galvin

Reaction score
I'm wrapping up the suspension rebuild this evening on the Monaco for the 2nd or 3rd or however many times, and I think you guys know what's wrong in that picture. That ring obviously should go up to the subframe and then I can tighten down the pivot nut, but the LCA will not travel any farther forward. I read on some thread for a another body style on another site that it's possible to press the shaft in to the wrong length. I had a shop do my bushings bc I dont have a press. Do yall think that's what happened?

20200416_164547.jpg

The shaft will normally butt against frame until the collar is tight. If you think it is the wrong shaft pull the unit back out and measure it, from the front edge of the collar to the end of the threads should be 6". If the length is correct, something in the socket is binding the shaft from properly seating, check for debris or frame damage.

Dave

After you figure out the issue remember to tighten the nuts just enough to keep the pins in position then put the car on the ground and set the ride height. Then tighten all the nuts and bolts that attach to rubber bushings in the suspension. If you fully tighten rubber bushings with the car off the ground the bushings can prematurely fail.

Back