Lead Additive Required in 1960 413?

That depends...have the heads been off the engine and hardened exhaust seats installed? If not, then yes. Hardened exhaust seats appeared in 72, as I recall.

I don't even remember when the last time I saw lead additive in AAP or AZ.

I looked for it for customers........I just bought fuel from the local race track for my personal use.

To the best of my knowledge, it depends. From what I have read: If its not a high reving race type motor, then a lead additive is not necessary. For 25 years my '59 Imperial w/413 uses a high quality "non ethanyl" premium fuel. Sometimes I will add some Marvel Mystery Oil. Only after full throttle acceleration is when it may "ping" alittle. The same process is used on all five of my "Old Cars".

I know at the end of last race season I was told to expect significant price increases for 2013. My local track sells VP Racing Fuels. $10.50 to $14.00 a gallon depending on what grade you get. There is more grades like C23, used for ProMods with 800+ cu in motors with high cr's....... but I didn't have anything that could burn that so I don't know what the cost is.

The 2 1/2 gallons of used ATF left over from my tranny flush I'm using as a gasoline additve in all my vehicles.
Two birds with one stone...

(Sent using Forum Runner)

The 2 1/2 gallons of used ATF left over from my tranny flush I'm using as a gasoline additve in all my vehicles.
Two birds with one stone...

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Al Gore will be proud of you.......you recycler! LOL!

Al Gore will be proud of you.......you recycler! LOL!
If it's petroleum based, my F-150 is one big recycling machine.
It's bullshit that I have to drive 20 miles round trip and pay a recycling fee at the county landfill. That's environmentally acceptable? Double bullshit.
Makes me want to go back 60 years and pour it down the storm drain.
Every right thing you try to do in this country, they tax you for...

Back