Lead Additive Required in 1960 413?

I pour my used fluids down the rotten tree stumps. We can also pour them along the fence line. Kills the grass and you never have to trim the fence with a string trimmer again!!

If it's petroleum based, my F-150 is one big recycling machine.
It's bullshit that I have to drive 20 miles round trip and pay a recycling fee at the county landfill. That's environmentally acceptable? Double bullshit.
Makes me want to go back 60 years and pour it down the storm drain.
Every right thing you try to do in this country, they tax you for...

If it's petroleum based, my F-150 is one big recycling machine.
It's bullshit that I have to drive 20 miles round trip and pay a recycling fee at the county landfill. That's environmentally acceptable? Double bullshit.
Makes me want to go back 60 years and pour it down the storm drain.
Every right thing you try to do in this country, they tax you for...

Here in Maryland (my area) they have "Cheaspeake WaterShed" stenciled on the concrete above the storm drains.

I pour my used fluids down the rotten tree stumps. We can also pour them along the fence line. Kills the grass and you never have to trim the fence with a string trimmer again!!
I don't feel good about even doing that. Somehow I keep thinking about how that gets into the water table. I'm not an environmental nazi by any means, but...

I don't feel good about even doing that. Somehow I keep thinking about how that gets into the water table. I'm not an environmental nazi by any means, but...

Me too, I might have to drink that water.......

Here in Maryland (my area) they have "Cheaspeake WaterShed" stenciled on the concrete above the storm drains.
People who are selfish enough to think that they special will do it anyway. AND they probably can't read English.

I used to make a regular delivery to a store about 2:00 AM. From the receiving dock, I could see the back side of a Chinese restaurant. Every night, after closing, I used to watch them go to a manhole cover by their back door, pop the lid, and just dump everthing imaginable into it. That storm drain went into the Charles River...
You or me wouldn't even be allowed to piss into the river.
You try and there's another thousand fighting against you...

Last edited:
Again, I'm lucky...the craft shop actually recycles fluids and filters. So I feel pretty good about that.

The stores that sell oil, batteries etc. are forced to take the same amount of used stuff back for correct recycling, no bad idea.

The stores that sell oil, batteries etc. are forced to take the same amount of used stuff back for correct recycling, no bad idea.
NOT (!!) here. Uncontaminated motor oil ONLY.
I always try to slip some stuff by them but they come back from "testing" (?) it out back and refuse it.
I tried them all. Advance, AutoZone, Walmart.... No go. Maybe it's a local thing.

NOT (!!) here. Uncontaminated motor oil ONLY.
I always try to slip some stuff by them but they come back from "testing" (?) it out back and refuse it.
I tried them all. Advance, AutoZone, Walmart.... No go. Maybe it's a local thing.

It must be.......all of them will take up to 5 gal here. They won't take antifreeze. The craft shop or the county dump to recycle antifreeze here.

Thanks everyone for your input. I have no idea if the valves were changed out. I assumed they were not, so I just added some Gunk brand lead additive for now. Thanks again.

Back