leaf springs................

I think I finally solved the saggy rear problem, (I hope).
I removed the new spring set I got from St. Louis spring, then disassembled my original springs and installed the new secondary main leaf they sent me, put everything back together and installed the "original/custom" 8 leaf springs yesterday.

I gained about 2 1/2" over the original ride height so the Admiral sports a slight and noticeable "rake". Combined with my new adjustable hitch and 1000# leveler bars + sway control, all should be good for the New Orleans trip.

Anyone interested in a slightly used set of springs and air shocks check the "for sale" thread.
Whew!... I'm glad that's been put to rest... I was gettin tired over here just watching...
Glad you've got the Admiral ready for the next adventure...

Pictures next time you got her loaded and unloaded Will. Thanks.

Glad you worked out the problem.
I am confused about one thing.
Why did adding a leaf to your old springs solve your problem when your new springs didn't.

Glad you worked out the problem.
I am confused about one thing.
Why did adding a leaf to your old springs solve your problem when your new springs didn't.

8 leafs are stiffer then 7. Especially when the added leaf is the longest one after the main leaf. I choice to use the original springs, (80K miles), because I felt they were better quality then the replacements, which showed no improvement when installed, and because I could modify the leaf alignment straps to accommodate the extra leaf. And, it's satisfied the purest in me.

Back