Left front turn signal question

Turboomni

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
69 Fury no side lamps.This was an intermittent problem last year and this year its done and doesn't work at all. I turn on the left turn signal and nothing from the signal lamp on top of the fender or the front light in the bumper. The rear left is working and flashing. Right is all fine. When the hazard flashers are on everything works correctly. Checked the bulb in the bumper with a meter seemed fine but threw a new one in and no luck. Sounds like the switch in the steering wheel? Just wondering if these symptoms is a clear indicator of something.

Thanks

69 Fury no side lamps.This was an intermittent problem last year and this year its done and doesn't work at all. I turn on the left turn signal and nothing from the signal lamp on top of the fender or the front light in the bumper. The rear left is working and flashing. Right is all fine. When the hazard flashers are on everything works correctly. Checked the bulb in the bumper with a meter seemed fine but threw a new one in and no luck. Sounds like the switch in the steering wheel? Just wondering if these symptoms is a clear indicator of something.

Thanks

The turn signal switch or the 4 way switch is probably defective. As you have blinking lights in the 4 way position, that much would appear to be working. That also eliminates a wiring fault to the front signal light. My suspicion is that the turn signal switch has corroded contacts.

Dave

Thanks Dave,so guess what my next question is. Who makes one and where to get it??

You were hoping to fix this without pulling the steering wheel, weren't ya. :poke::D

LOL Yes I was,,,,dAG NABBITTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

A few NOS ones on E bay, I didn't see anything on partsvoice.

Will do thank you.

Wiggle the connector for the TS at base of column for a loose connection.
I would seriously check the bulkhead before pulling the steering wheel.
The headlight harness goes through the bulkhead whereas the tailight wiring has its own connector in the kick panel.
Using a wiring diagram and a test light unplug the bulkhead connector and test the left ts circuit right at the bulkhead to see if it is working properly.
If yes,then dig into the wiring..If not check input/output at connector at steering column going to ts switch.
If you have to pull the wheel clean the ts contacts and hope for the best.
Hope this helps.

Good idea and thanks cbarge. I found a Mopar switch on ebay. Not cheap but I doubt they will get any cheaper. Hopefully I can save it for later.

For grins, check the ground for the lh front lamps.

CBODY67

For grins, check the ground for the lh front lamps.

CBODY67
If the ground was bad,it would not work with the hazard flasher.
But yes check all grounds.
I even had to use jumper wires to ground an old socket or housing in the past.

Wiggle the connector for the TS at base of column for a loose connection.
I would seriously check the bulkhead before pulling the steering wheel.
The headlight harness goes through the bulkhead whereas the tailight wiring has its own connector in the kick panel.
Using a wiring diagram and a test light unplug the bulkhead connector and test the left ts circuit right at the bulkhead to see if it is working properly.
If yes,then dig into the wiring..If not check input/output at connector at steering column going to ts switch.
If you have to pull the wheel clean the ts contacts and hope for the best.
Hope this helps.

Well I was resigning myself to pull the wheel and as a last resort checked under the dash at the connector at the base of the column after re reading this topic. Yup ,that was it. Thanks all.

Back