Len Dawson's Deception Pass Auto Parts

'66 Fury I

Reaction score
Has anyone done business with this company? I found some A745 parts on thier site and sent them an order. Len eMailed me to say that my Visa card had been "declined". I contacted the bank and after an extended time on "hold", I was assured that the problem had been cleared and the charge could be processed. Len tried again, same result, I called the bank again, they again assure me that the charge can be processed. Both times they assured me that there was no problem with my account, So this time I questioned what the problem has been. They said that the transaction had "hit the Fraud Department", and it has been "cleared".
Has any of you had anything like this happen? The Visa card is a prepaid/reloadable card that I use for online purchases. Lindsay

Len Dawson is one of the best in the business when it comes to selling parts that are correctly listed and available if his site says he has it. Very reasonably priced parts too. If there is a problem, I seriously doubt it is on his end.......................and he has it together although I believe he is in his 80s now.

He is right up there with our own Marty @marty mopar that is a member here who owns Arizona Parts. Great prices and lots of parts too and always a tongue in cheek clever comment to go along with the purchase (you had better be on your toes).

I also like working with AMS NOS because they have some of the rarest parts available anywhere and while their prices reflect that reality, I have always had great service from them too. Mike owns the place and Anthony and Jeff always provide great service I can count on too.

I am thankful we have such good vendors available to us for NOS parts and some used ones too.

I would focus on the bank getting things right.......................with all the fraud going on these days, their actions are sometimes knee-jerk and one can hardly blame them. They have a real mess to deal with due to all the scammers out there on line and too many of our citizens are getting like our politicians - scammers and crooks.

Last edited:
I would have the bank issue you a new card and have them make sure that there is no cap on the amount of a single charge. Alternatively, I believe that Len takes PayPal. Perhaps you could Paypal the funds to him from your bank card.

I have placed a few orders for NOS trim from Deception Pass and always been a happy customer. I email my order, then call and leave my credit card info on his voicemail.

Update: My card has been charged and I expect the order has been/will be shipped. The problem was indeed with the bank. Thanks to all who replied, and thanks to Len for his patience! Lindsay

Back