Let's see.....

You asked............

1970 dodge polara Convertible, 440, bucket seats, 3:23 sure grip, Cornering lights, power disc brakes, power steering, Tilt wheel,power windows, Am / FM multiplex, air and road wheels are a few of the more important options.

This car is one of three known built for the tournament of Roses parade on New Years day 1970.

I have had this car ten years and have nothing done........

View attachment 137743 2001 right rear.jpg

137743 2003 left stripped.jpg

DSCF0149.jpg

DSCF0150.jpg

DSCF0163.jpg

View attachment rose bowl.jpg

Dave, I sincerely believe that you will get to working on the white car one of these days. Don't you wish Fred lived just down the road from you and had a real desire to help a friend and rebuild another Polara vert? LOL

Frank

You asked............

1970 dodge polara Convertible, 440, bucket seats, 3:23 sure grip, Cornering lights, power disc brakes, power steering, Tilt wheel,power windows, Am / FM multiplex, air and road wheels are a few of the more important options.

This car is one of three known built for the tournament of Roses parade on New Years day 1970.

VERY COOL!!!!!

:unitedstates:

I've had her for 1.5 years. I've replaced or fixed a lot of safety stuff, brakes, etc. Alot of electrical stuff, blower motor, all 4 window motors, cruise control, replaced lean burn, fixed cruise control, all but 2 lights had to repaired or replaced, dual exhaust, intake and carb.

Where do I go from here... wiper cam fix, A/C repair (someday) body work and a repaint, vinyl top, new leather. I'll probably will be 86 when it's done.

DSC01179.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

DSC01347.jpg

DSC01179.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

DSC01347.jpg

You asked............

Being a California car it can't need much in the way of body work. My guess is the big ticket items are interior dash etc? Is the 440 tired? Over the years you've likely collected most of the parts you need for it.

Ok here's my submission. Most have already seen pics of my car. She's a daily driver and I love to hop in and fire her up first thing in the morning. Maybe Im stupid but modern cars just cannot replace the feeling I get when I’m behind the wheel of a big fuselage Chrysler. I've been slowly upgrading as time and money allow (with specificity on the phrase "money allows"). As of late I’ve started to seal the floor pan with POR 15 as the original rug that I pulled out was extremely nasty with mold, condensation and other crap. The sheet metal is intact but has surface rust that I want to clean up. The seats and dashboard are in excellent condition in fact the dashboard is still soft and smooth almost as if it came of the assembly line just recently..the lady who previously owned the car had it under a tarp for god knows how long after she stopped driving. I've also rebuilt the top end of the 383, which is sufficient but I definitely have more plans for it in the future. Hopefully I have the floor covered and a few other things taken care of before going out to Carlisle this year.:yes:

IMG_5740.jpg

IMG_5702.JPG

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_4572.jpg

IMG_4336.jpg

IMG_5697.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

I know you guys have seen my Imperial but here's a pic of it anyway. And since it was never specified if this was for C-bodies only(see what I did there?)here's my 3 other keepers and yes, they're all projects!
First is the "JUNKYARD DOG", a `68 Road Runner I started restoring about 6 years ago. Here's a random pic of it and a link to the resto thread over on FBBO. This car has no documentation but it may be the rarist car I own being that it's a post coupe bare bones 4spd car that had no power steering, no power brakes but did have a.c. and was surf turquoise, a 1 year only offering on the RR. Getting close to being ready for paint!
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=4469
Next is an E-body, a rough back parking lot find from craigslist which I have become quite fond of. This is a #'s matching A66 340 performance package car with the fender tag and build sheet. Originally burnt orange with black vinyl top and rump stripe and an all burnt orange bucket seat console interior. Almost done with dismantle, spent a large chunk of $ with AMD and have been gearing up to start on the major surgery shortly. This one is going back to stock in every way possible. Pic below of when I got it and a link to its resto thread on FEBO.
http://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2826
This last one is going to be very special. Picked it up a couple of years ago now from a guy that I had bought some parts off of for the `68 RR. Couldn't believe it when I saw it come up on my local Craigslist and knew I couldn't pass on it. This is a `68 Coronet R/T 4 spd car with it's #s matching drivetrain, including the 18 spline and Dana. This 1 has a fender tag and was originally a black car with white tail stripe and a white over black bucket seat non console interior. Most of the metal work was done when I bought it, although I will be redoing some of it as I think it should be better. Came with the rotisserie and freshly rebuilt 440. No resto work by me as of yet and is tucked away in storage for the time being. Here it is on it's way to storage.
Me and two of my friends are also restoring a `71 Charger R/T that we picked up recently that was about 60% restored. This one will be for sale immediately after it's done. This one is a citron yella, painted bumper, N96 car with, oddly enough, a bucket seat, non console, column shifted auto. Not original engine or trans and no fender tag but does have a build sheet. Not my style but will be very sharp when finished very soon.

IMG_8210.jpg

IMG_6005_6.jpg

IMG_3837_1.jpg

IMG_6979_1.jpg

IMG_7534.jpg

Ok here's my submission. Most have already seen pics of my car. She's a daily driver and I love to hop in and fire her up first thing in the morning. Maybe Im stupid but modern cars just cannot replace the feeling I get when I’m behind the wheel of a big fuselage Chrysler. I've been slowly upgrading as time and money allow (with specificity on the phrase "money allows"). As of late I’ve started to seal the floor pan with POR 15 as the original rug that I pulled out was extremely nasty with mold, condensation and other crap. The sheet metal is intact but has surface rust that I want to clean up. The seats and dashboard are in excellent condition in fact the dashboard is still soft and smooth almost as if it came of the assembly line just recently..the lady who previously owned the car had it under a tarp for god knows how long after she stopped driving. I've also rebuilt the top end of the 383, which is sufficient but I definitely have more plans for it in the future. Hopefully I have the floor covered and a few other things taken care of before going out to Carlisle this year.:yes:

Very nice! What's the story on the shop? Is it yours? See you at Carlisle!

Back