Let's see.....

I know you guys have seen my Imperial but here's a pic of it anyway. And since it was never specified if this was for C-bodies only(see what I did there?)here's my 3 other keepers and yes, they're all projects!
First is the "JUNKYARD DOG", a `68 Road Runner I started restoring about 6 years ago. Here's a random pic of it and a link to the resto thread over on FBBO. This car has no documentation but it may be the rarist car I own being that it's a post coupe bare bones 4spd car that had no power steering, no power brakes but did have a.c. and was surf turquoise, a 1 year only offering on the RR. Getting close to being ready for paint!
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=4469
Next is an E-body, a rough back parking lot find from craigslist which I have become quite fond of. This is a #'s matching A66 340 performance package car with the fender tag and build sheet. Originally burnt orange with black vinyl top and rump stripe and an all burnt orange bucket seat console interior. Almost done with dismantle, spent a large chunk of $ with AMD and have been gearing up to start on the major surgery shortly. This one is going back to stock in every way possible. Pic below of when I got it and a link to its resto thread on FEBO.
http://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2826
This last one is going to be very special. Picked it up a couple of years ago now from a guy that I had bought some parts off of for the `68 RR. Couldn't believe it when I saw it come up on my local Craigslist and knew I couldn't pass on it. This is a `68 Coronet R/T 4 spd car with it's #s matching drivetrain, including the 18 spline and Dana. This 1 has a fender tag and was originally a black car with white tail stripe and a white over black bucket seat non console interior. Most of the metal work was done when I bought it, although I will be redoing some of it as I think it should be better. Came with the rotisserie and freshly rebuilt 440. No resto work by me as of yet and is tucked away in storage for the time being. Here it is on it's way to storage.
Me and two of my friends are also restoring a `71 Charger R/T that we picked up recently that was about 60% restored. This one will be for sale immediately after it's done. This one is a citron yella, painted bumper, N96 car with, oddly enough, a bucket seat, non console, column shifted auto. Not original engine or trans and no fender tag but does have a build sheet. Not my style but will be very sharp when finished very soon.

Very nice fleet! What engine is going in the Charger R/T? What is the reserve going to be on it?

It's getting a 440 HP that is dated for `71 model year. Fresh rebuild with zero miles on it, stock except cam. I'll have to get back to you on that reserve question.

IMG_7584_1.jpg

IMG_7817.jpg

How long before completion of the project?

Not soon enough! LOL. Actually just kidding, it's been fun and really is a sweet car. It will be finished this month for sure! PM me if you want more info, pics, videos etc.

Very nice! What's the story on the shop? Is it yours? See you at Carlisle!

Thanks! The dude in the pic is a friend of mine. He's been wrenching on Chrysler/Mopar cars longer than I've been alive...oh, its his shop, not mine (I WISH). Looks like I'll be making Carlisle...I'll be in the "Time Bandits" category though.

I've had her for 1.5 years. I've replaced or fixed a lot of safety stuff, brakes, etc. Alot of electrical stuff, blower motor, all 4 window motors, cruise control, replaced lean burn, fixed cruise control, all but 2 lights had to repaired or replaced, dual exhaust, intake and carb.

Where do I go from here... wiper cam fix, A/C repair (someday) body work and a repaint, vinyl top, new leather. I'll probably will be 86 when it's done.

View attachment 2802

View attachment 2803

View attachment 2804

I REALLY like the valve covers you've got on your 440, where did you say you picked those up at?

A Ongoing Project - Still Cruisin'...

This is my 1971 Newport Custom. I've owned it since 1993 but it's been in the family since 1981. Under the hood is a 383 which originally had a Carter BBD two barrel (still when this pic was taken). I now have a Carter AVS 625 c.f.m. on a Mopar M1 dual plane. I've installed dual exhausts with turbo mufflers, rebuilt my trans which is a 727, done the brakes and converted to electronic ignition. The floor is very solid, no holes at all. I plan on rebuilding my engine and doing the front suspension. Other than that just body and paint. I still have to decide on wheels and tires too. I'll post more pics as I go.

Image.jpg

Image (89).jpg

Last edited:
Not really doing anything other than minor stuff and driving, but I have long term full restoration plans. Right now it is just a nice driver. In the shorter term (next year or two), I plan on installing a new top. This one is 40 or more years old and shrunk to the point it is hard to latch when the temp is below 70. I'm also looking for new front seat upholstry if I can find the right stuff... Both seats if I can't.

DSCF4435-002.jpg

DSCF4432-002.jpg

DSCF4413-002.jpg

DSCF4394-003.jpg

DSCF4435-002.jpg

DSCF4432-002.jpg

DSCF4413-002.jpg

DSCF4394-003.jpg

Not really doing anything other than minor stuff and driving, but I have long term full restoration plans. Right now it is just a nice driver. In the shorter term (next year or two), I plan on installing a new top. This one is 40 or more years old and shrunk to the point it is hard to latch when the temp is below 70. I'm also looking for new front seat upholstry if I can find the right stuff... Both seats if I can't.

View attachment 2860

View attachment 2861

View attachment 2862

View attachment 2863

Beautiful car! Check out rexus31 profile. He knows all the in's and out's on your car and where to get the parts.

Realized I never posted in this topic.

'69 Fury III Convertible.

By the End it will be F8 again with it's white/black interior with only one substitution a black top, only because I have a brand new one.

Only modifications will be #302 ('86-'91 LA 318 heads), Same era exhaust manifolds and a new dual exhaust system.

GEDC3255.jpg

It's Ugly, rusty and rough, but it's mine.

Nick

By the End it will be F8 again with it's white/black interior with only one substitution a black top, only because I have a brand new one.

Only modifications will be #302 ('86-'91 LA 318 heads), Same era exhaust manifolds and a new dual exhaust system.

GEDC3255.jpg

Nick

Dude, I drive around everyday saying the same thing to myself........but to me the most important part of that sentence is the last....."its mine".

Yeah, he gets my unbridled enthusiasm award, seriously a high honor!

GEDC3255.jpg

Nick

Just looking at that pic I can see your car completely done and finished. Its not bad off at all.......I've seen MUCH worse that has been restored back to being nice and road worthy.

My most recent was a father-son resto of a 1972 Dodge D100 Adventurer SE. The heater core sprung a leak just before winter storage. I guess these projects are never really complete...tere's always something to tweak. I love this truck.

Truck 001.jpg

HPIM2061.jpg

My most recent was a father-son resto of a 1972 Dodge D100 Adventurer SE. The heater core sprung a leak just before winter storage. I guess these projects are never really complete...tere's always something to tweak. I love this truck.
Nice restoration. That truck looks great!

Back