SOLD LH Wheel Studs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wish4hemi

Reaction score
Contact seller
Five original left hand wheel studs. Removed from a 1970 B-body 8 3/4 rear end.

$20 shipped to the lower 48

IMG_1537.JPG

IMG_1538.JPG

do someone a favor and throw them out. the splines will be crushed and the stud will spin instead of the nut next time the tire is removed.

The rear studs come out fine, I’ve swapped them many times. Still have some in use from a swap 30 years ago.
The front studs are a problem re-using old ones.

do someone a favor and throw them out. the splines will be crushed and the stud will spin instead of the nut next time the tire is removed.

I've done that swap many times, never had a problem. If anything it will be the flange that will suffer, then nothing but spot welding will work.

maybe I should have put more of my thoughts to the keyboard. who in there right mind would use old left hand studs in their precious mopar when new studs are readily available? unless you are a diehard trophy chasing guy who might think the judge at a car show might doc points off for having right hand thread studs where there should be lefts after he pulls your hubcap off I don't see the point. I replaced all old lefties with righties on all of my mopars. the next keeper of my cars will probably not know they were left hand threads anyway and snap the fuckers off. keep safety in mind as well. would you put used wheel cylinders or other used **** on your car to save 25 bucks and compromise your safety and that of others? I will stop rambling now. cheers and stay safe.

maybe I should have put more of my thoughts to the keyboard. who in there right mind would use old left hand studs in their precious mopar when new studs are readily available? unless you are a diehard trophy chasing guy who might think the judge at a car show might doc points off for having right hand thread studs where there should be lefts after he pulls your hubcap off I don't see the point. I replaced all old lefties with righties on all of my mopars. the next keeper of my cars will probably not know they were left hand threads anyway and snap the fuckers off. keep safety in mind as well. would you put used wheel cylinders or other used **** on your car to save 25 bucks and compromise your safety and that of others? I will stop rambling now. cheers and stay safe.

I'd be one not in my right mind apparently. If it came with lefties, it gets lefties.

:thankyou:

I'd be one not in my right mind apparently. If it came with lefties, it gets lefties.

:thankyou:

My Polara had a perfectly good left front brake drum that someone had installed right hand lug studs into. I found a drum with correct left hand studs at Carlisle and it is now on the car. I sleep better now.
Anyone need a right thread 10"brake drum?

I'd love to put LH studs in my '70, but a PO changed them and it's not quite worth the effort and expense to change back. My 65 Barracuda has lefts and rights though

I'd use these used ones in a heartbeat.

Not hijacking your thread,
Just reminding everyone that I have every single LEFTY wheel stud N.O.S. Brand New --- Drum & Disc,
Front & Rear, "C" Body, "B" & "E" Body, and"A" Body....

There is something to be said for Originality !!!!
Up through 1970 & 1971 !!!!!! (Hi, Dave....)

Stay Safe, everyone.... We will survive....

Just reminding everyone that I have every single LEFTY wheel stud N.O.S. Brand New --- Drum & Disc,

:thankyou: :welcome:

How much do you get for yours Craig?
@mobileparts

Change to righties as the lefties break. Paint "R" or "L" on the hub.
It's not like as if you were planning to bring your car to Pablo's Tire & Tacos store in the future.

Random thought: Who here has lost points in judging because a "righty" was where a "lefty" was?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back