License plate frame

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
For years I have been looking for a license plate frame for the front of my car to replace the one that says "LODI". Wanted it to say 1973 on top and either MOPAR, DODGE or POLARA on the bottom. Last week I was at my trophy guy who makes me equipment tags for replacing the missing tags on the USS Hornet. I saw that he can make any frame you want in either chrome or plastic.

So with "1973" on top to start I need to decide the bottom.

I'm thinking it would be better to use either "Dodge" or "Polara" given that describes a car many people don't know. Not really sure about MOPAR from back in 1973. Then there is the logo to place in front. From what I can see there are two possibilities for that time period below. So one would end up with the logo in front of "Dodge" Then the color choice might be either white on black or red on black. Since the car is a Spring Special with the red accents one could make a case for red.

So opinions as I am more sure of Ford which is always Corporate Blue in the plate frames.

dodge_fratzog_logo.jpg

Dodge-logo.gif

LF120973C.JPG

Nice........... Mopar is out, Dodge looks good, Polara may work. Do you need a front plate? Here in Jersey you don't need one with an antique tag

I'll go with Alan's train of thought. Online photos show Dodge on the front and back of the car, so I'd go with "Polara" on the frame.

Got a point there with the small Dodge badge on the back and the Dodge in the grille. So maybe the 1973 with Polara. The whole thing is probably a waste of time anyway since how many of you have been asked what car is that despite all the name plates on the car?

But looking at it, it really doesn't announce what it is... Dodge and Polara are only on the outside on two places each, correct?

Back