Little Bitchy Connectors

Ripinator

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Would someone please tell me how to separate this kind of connector? I've pulled on the two ends and tried inserting a small screw driver - all to no avail.
IMG_20210328_125517177.jpg

In my experience those are "wiggle and pull".

Keep at it, is all I can say...

If you're referring to the dark and light single wire one, yup, they can be a beeyotch. Two sets of strong pliers, wiggle and pull as noted. A little heat from a hair dryer may help too. There may be a locking tab and recess in the two plastic shells, but as far as I know, they're designed to flex and separate. Soften them up with a little gentle heat.

Now - if you're referring to the 4 wires going into the box - the smaller Bakelite pad on top is simply a press fit into the larger oblong-shaped Bakelite pad below it. It will crack if you're not careful, so two very thin jeweller's screwdrivers and lift up evenly and gently from both sides at the same time.

Is that a reverb unit?

If you're referring to the dark and light single wire one, yup, they can be a beeyotch. Two sets of strong pliers, wiggle and pull as noted. A little heat from a hair dryer may help too.

Now - if you're referring to the 4 wires going into the box - the smaller Bakelite pad on top is simply a press fit into the larger oblong-shaped Bakelite pad below it. It will crack if you're not careful, so two very thin jeweller's screwdrivers and lift up evenly and gently from both sides at the same time.

Is that a reverb unit?

Yes. That is a reverb unit. I am referring to the single wire connector.

In my experience those are "wiggle and pull".

Keep at it, is all I can say...

Thanks a lot. I am trying to be careful and not destroy the connector, so I wasn't putting a lot of pressure on it. I'll give her another go.

Back