Lokar cables??

Moose440

Reaction score
I’m looking to put the Lokar throttle and transmission kick down cables in. Anyone have experience with them and know what part numbers I need. 68 newport with a 440 and 727. Thanks.

Have you looked in their online catalog for information of what they have? Lokar, whose heritage is in the street rod/street machine realm of things, will have their own configurations, brackets, and such. Might take some "engineering" make them hook up and get them adjusted correctly.

Just curious,
CBODY67

With a Holley 4 barrel carburetor 750 CFM on a 440 in a 1968 Dart, I used the Lokar cables and brackets. The kickdown cable was different because I had to run it to the passenger side of the transmission, loop it 180° to a bracket set up to the rear of the kickdown and shifter levers on the transmission and above the left rear corner of the transmission oil pan. Then I was able to attach the kickdown cable to the kickdown lever of the 727 transmission.

I have used the kickdown cables a couple of times on different vehicles and they worked well. I haven't used the throttle cables

Back