Look what followed me home from vacation!

Mopardik

Reaction score
Funny story here. The family and I drove out to Cali for my wife's side family reunion. It was a great trip, with lots of relatives and friends visited, and lots of breathtaking sights seen. The high point for me however, was visiting with my uncle-in-law. He has a collection of '60's-'70's era Euro bikes that is spectacular! Old Nortons, BSA's, Triumphs, AJS's, etc. (I took pics but can't locate them on the camera right now, but I'll post them when I do.) Anyway, knowing I was a fellow gearhead, and appreciating my enthusiasm for his vintage iron, he asked me to look in the corner and tell me what I saw. I told him I saw a late '70s Chrysler SnoRunner, the product of failed engineering for a military contract. His jaw about hit the floor that I knew that! He then proceeded to say, "You're the only person I've met that knows what that thing is. And since we don't get any snow around here, I think you should have it." You can imagine whose jaw hit the floor then! :icon_eek: Thankfully I had driven the pickup out, so believe you me, I MADE room for it in the bed!

So here you have it, a '78 Chrysler SnoRunner. It needs a few things, but it runs good. He even gave me the extra track that he had bought for it as a spare. I can't wait until this winter to see how quickly I can hurt myself on this thing!:eek:lder OS:

2013-07-04_14.29.04.jpg

Nice score, never heard about this project before.
Got a few Eurobikes in my collection as well though, bicycles that is. :laughing4:

Wow! I've never seen or heard of that before. Must of been a Special Forces kind of thing. Those guys are the "Old School" testers! They still are!!! LOL!

I always see one or two at some of the local swap meets. Never seen one in action though.

Yeah, I have seen only a few over the years, and most of them were pretty trashed. It doesn't look like it would do much on a hill climb, but on flat ground I bet it would scoot! I can't wait to try her out! It's just another reason for me to love the snow!

Back