Look what Santa brought this teen

these #&$@ deer ... :BangHead:. any of us who live around them have stories.

I have only "hit" one. I will briefly describe that encounter.

One fine, warm, late April morning 8 yrs ago, I had one hop in the front seat with me. How? In my T-Top, C3 Vette.

00-1.jpg

I saw 3-4 of them dart out of the woods across the road, so i slowed down, looked to my right and watched them go into the woods, then BAM. I got hit from the left while I wasn't looking.

I was only going 15-20mph maybe then. It's as if the damn thing wanted to hop over the car, or it was near-sighted and mis-timed its run, whatever -- but its hind quarters didn't clear the car and were still on the pavement.

Its front 1/3 from chest up was in there with me.

looking back its kinda comical. me, screamin' like a teenage girl at a horror movie, fighting to push this deer outta the car. its making this honking, raspy, nasal "noise", it smelled nauseatingly terrible, and was bumpin up against the door of my fiberglass sled!!

long story short, I got my strong arm (I'm right handed) under its neck and pushed its front end out of the car. It fell down on its ***, slid along the road a bit, then hopped up and ran into the woods.

Car was scuffed by its hooves I think but not otherwise damaged outside. It broke my horn button (maybe I did) on the steering wheel.

I had to go home and take a shower (I dont think i got "sprayed" but the @#&* thing "slimed" me or something .. yuk).

thats enough of that :)

:rofl: Sounds like many Vette owners... NO RIDES...:rofl:

well, thats true. but only because, in this case, it wasn't wearin' a short skirt, halter top, and "hey sailor" high heels.

we always give them a spin (er... in our vettes, riding, on the seat .. i mean .. oh @#*$, you all know what mean)
:steering:

Last edited:
Back