Looking fir a good 1972 Imperial 28 inch 3 core radiator, part number 3574601

8721Coker

Reaction score
I just finished rebuilding the 440 in my 72 Imperial two door. I find that the radiator has several sections of the core damaged and leaking. I haven't had see a radiator shop in quite a while and most of them around here have closed their doors because there's so many plastic aluminum China radiators available.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would start by doing an internet search...
"radiator repair Oklahoma"
Wadda ya know.. SEVERAL show up in various locations in the state of Oklahoma....

Wadda ya know.. SEVERAL show up in various locations in the state of Oklahoma....

If it's anything like over here, even the new cores are brought in from China...

I just finished rebuilding the 440 in my 72 Imperial two door. I find that the radiator has several sections of the core damaged and leaking. I haven't had see a radiator shop in quite a while and most of them around here have closed their doors because there's so many plastic aluminum China radiators available. Does anybody here know of or have a 1972 C body 28 inch 3 core radiator, part number 3574601.
Now why wouldn't you start a parts wanted thread for your needs?

Wadda ya know.. SEVERAL show up in various locations in the state of Oklahoma.....
13226884_1201753099837705_8000965357365451449_n.jpg

Now why wouldn't you start a parts wanted thread for your needs?
Because they're too stupid to use their smarts is why!

I just finished rebuilding the 440 in my 72 Imperial two door. I find that the radiator has several sections of the core damaged and leaking. I haven't had see a radiator shop in quite a while and most of them around here have closed their doors because there's so many plastic aluminum China radiators available. Does anybody here know of or have a 1972 C body 28 inch 3 core radiator, part number 3574601.
I wouldn’t waste my time with a used rad. It likely will not be much better than yours and will require a recore anyways. With a new engine why would you risk it.
I tried to do the same without much success so I wound up putting in a new aluminum rad. Up here I was quoted 1200 for a recore of the tanks were good. No more issues.

I wouldn’t waste my time with a used rad. It likely will not be much better than yours and will require a recore anyways. With a new engine why would you risk it.
I tried to do the same without much success so I wound up putting in a new aluminum rad. Up here I was quoted 1200 for a recore of the tanks were good. No more issues.
Original parts mean something to me, So I have my rads recored. Last recore for a BB Satellite was about $350.00. Old shop still in biz, I am thinking of getting him to restore my stash of rads before he closes up and they build condos on his lot.
The OP stated his tanks were shot and need new tanks to have for rad rebuild. Why I stated to contact Mopar yards.

View attachment 582926

Because they're too stupid to use their smarts is why!
Nothing wrong with asking others in the hobby, not every mom & pop shop is on the internet. There's a wealth of knowledge among members on FCBO, just a matter of being helpful instead of being critical of those needing to be pointed in the right direction.

Original parts mean something to me, So I have my rads recored. Last recore for a BB Satellite was about $350.00. Old shop still in biz, I am thinking of getting him to restore my stash of rads before he closes up and they build condos on his lot.
The OP stated his tanks were shot and need new tanks to have for rad rebuild. Why I stated to contact Mopar yards.
This car has been sitting under a tarp in the back of a shop since Oct 1999... 100% numbers matching... I would like to keep it that way is at all possible

This car has been sitting under a tarp in the back of a shop since Oct 1999... 100% numbers matching... I would like to keep it that way is at all possible
If a local shop can't repair what you have Glen Ray Radiator in Wisconsin restores them. Especially for Mopar. Not cheap but you don't want cheap You want it done right. Give Bob a call.

I understand what you are trying to achieve. If your tanks are gone you will need another one to replace it. Hopefully you get a good used one but get it recorded anyways.

Pics? would be nice to see more of it.

I purchased an aluminum one for my 64 Imperial and I've been toying with the idea of creating a faux top piece to look like the oem. Like cast a mold and use fiber glass to create the look. Kinda like how you can cover the battery to look like oem.

If you can have yours repaired then it's worth it. Or get a good used one and recore it or evapo rust it if its in good condition. If not get a very good aluminum one and see if you can make it look original. Unfortunately we're all fighting against time, rust, and in the radiator sometimes acidic coolant!

I purchased my aluminum one from Home - Vans Auto

and Murray Park is great to deal with and I've purchased many things from him.

I hope you can retain your original without much headache! But at least now you have options.

I'm not very internet savvy.. not as much as I am old school chrysler savvy
You don't need to be internet savvy to post an ad. It's no different than posting this thread only in a different forum.

I agree with letting a mom and pop shop or Glen-Ray handle it. I would always recore a radiator if I had my original to work with. Aluminum ones are nice, especially if you bought a car that didn’t have it when purchased. To me aluminum radiators just look out of place.

Back