Looking fir a good 1972 Imperial 28 inch 3 core radiator, part number 3574601

Apparently the 28 inch radiator was a very rare option. Seems like the 26 inch was usually used in most cases body's.

I had Bob at Glen-Ray recore the original 28" radiator in my 1972 Imperial -- so it can be done. I'm not sure where Bob gets his cores from -- but he told me he doesn't buy the cheapest ones he can find -- he uses ones that he knows will cool whatever horsepower you throw at them. Not cheap -- but I didn't have Glen-Ray recore my radiator because I wanted a cheap job. I believe all you need are decent brass tanks. Bob does have the ability to repair most dents and creases in the brass tanks before he puts them back together. If your steel side brackets are super rusty he may be able to replace them with reproductions that are spot on for your car -- but you'll have to ask him that. I am extremely satisfied with what Bob did for me -- a true stand up guy. Highly recommended if originality is important as well as functional.

I just finished rebuilding the 440 in my 72 Imperial two door. I find that the radiator has several sections of the core damaged and leaking. I haven't had see a radiator shop in quite a while and most of them around here have closed their doors because there's so many plastic aluminum China radiators available.
I have a 2998 980 from a 1970 Imperial.

View attachment 582926

Because they're too stupid to use their smarts is why!
I did a search..took the radiator in to a local radiator shop (thats been in business since 1938)
The recore is over $1000 and the part number was a one year only option.. so it's a real unicorn!

20230222_161232.jpg

20230222_161236.jpg

20230222_161318.jpg

I had Bob at Glen-Ray recore the original 28" radiator in my 1972 Imperial -- so it can be done. I'm not sure where Bob gets his cores from -- but he told me he doesn't buy the cheapest ones he can find -- he uses ones that he knows will cool whatever horsepower you throw at them. Not cheap -- but I didn't have Glen-Ray recore my radiator because I wanted a cheap job. I believe all you need are decent brass tanks. Bob does have the ability to repair most dents and creases in the brass tanks before he puts them back together. If your steel side brackets are super rusty he may be able to replace them with reproductions that are spot on for your car -- but you'll have to ask him that. I am extremely satisfied with what Bob did for me -- a true stand up guy. Highly recommended if originality is important as well as functional.
I sent him a message... thanks for the info

My radiator guy is Ace Radiator in Waukegan, IL. His name is Brad. Good service. Hope that helps anyone looking and helps his business.

I just finished rebuilding the 440 in my 72 Imperial two door. I find that the radiator has several sections of the core damaged and leaking. I haven't had see a radiator shop in quite a while and most of them around here have closed their doors because there's so many plastic aluminum China radiators available.
I have this from an Imperial. It was too wide for my 1970 300. The part number is for a 1970.

IMG_7951.jpeg

IMG_7952.jpeg

Back