WANTED Looking for 2x11 rear drums

Status
Not open for further replies.

66Fury383

Reaction score
Contact seller
While refreshing my rear drums, I realized that I had ordered the wrong size drum! Does anyone know where I can find 11x2.5 inch drums at a reasonable cost? These are going on my 66 Fury. Cheaper the better for my budget.

Thanks

I just bought these and they seem good quality

Screenshot_20190615-201959_Chrome.jpg

Yes I installed them a couple weeks ago, I was replacing the finned style drums. They fit fine and work great.

Incidentally, looking at your ruler -- those don't look to be 11" x 2 1/2" ------ they look like the light duty brake system ------ with the 11" x 2" Rears --- you had better measure the brake shoes width --- and that is probably 2"...... Whole different situation....
Remember, the brake shoes does not go lip to lip -+
Such that an 11" x 2" drum is roughly 2 1/4" deep
Whereas
An 11" x 2 1/2" drum is roughly 2 3/4" deep.....

I didn't realize a brake drum was such a high tech complex part. The majority of new trucks and vans on the road today are running "chineseum" drums yet they're not exploding

I didn't realize a brake drum was such a high tech complex part. The majority of new trucks and vans on the road today are running "chineseum" drums yet they're not exploding
Don't even give him the time of day Polara, he always comes around to advertise his wares. You shoulda seen the message he sent me one time, Nasty as all get out!

Although to be fair, I think he is correct. The shoes are only 2" across.

Last edited:
Here is a very interesting tidbit of information.....
I , of course, have the 11" x 2" "C" body Rear Brake Drums --- Brand New --- and N.O.S. ++ Asbestos ++ Brake Shoes --- which are the ONLY brake shoes anyone should dare consider using.......

What is your price on those 11x2 rear drums? I have a friend who might be interested. Thanks .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back