WANTED looking for 3 or 4 correct stock wheels for my '70 Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM27G0D

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm pretty much a correct numbers guy, so I'm trying to put together a full set of correct wheels for my '70 Fury. It only has two correct ones now.
According to the parts book, the wheels I need were probably the most common ones used on '70 and '71 C bodies. I don't have a parts book beyond that, so I don't know if they used these beyond '71.
The part # is 2944152 and will be stamped near the valve stem area. I'm looking for 3 or 4 really nice ones. As many as were made, I'd have thought they would be "everywhere"!
Anyone have any??

I have a few of these rims and I am in Greenville NC. What town are you in?

I'm just west of Richmond, VA. Heck, I'd drive down for some really nice ones!

I'm just west of Richmond, VA. Heck, I'd drive down for some really nice ones!
I'll check the ones I have, I am pretty sure they are very good condition but I will check the lug nut holes first to make sure none are chewed out, I have plenty to choose from. Richmond is only just over an hour from here, that's not bad at all :)
P.S. I have a set of rear springs spare out of a 383 car too, you might be able to use em for adding extra spring leafs to the set you already have in the car?

Greenville....Ironically, that's where I bought this car from several years ago, and where they told me it lived it's entire life. Remember seeing an F8 convertible with a green interior and white top running around in town?
Not that I'm going to be too picky about date codes at this point, but the two original ones I have are dated 10 15. If you have any nice ones close to that....even better.
Do you know that the 383 springs are different than what I have? I also have a '69 440hp Fury III that has massive rear springs and rides like a GTX, so I'm figuring there was probably an intermediate spring between those two extremes.
I could possibly drive down Sunday or Tuesday of next week if you come up with 'em.

I checked the rims and they are all good, they are date correct but look the same. I have four of them. As for the springs in your Fury III Id say that might be the only other option. The springs I have are sure to be the same even though the car I pulled them out of was a 68. The platform would still be the same. I know the front stubs are interchangeable. But sticking an extra leaf or two in is sure to help without going crazy.
As for the green convertible, I have only lived here three years so i cant say i saw it no.

That's great...I assume the wheels are all black? Can you email me some pics of the wheels and springs? My email is:
Then I can compare the 383 springs with what's on mine and what's on my '69 440 and see what the difference is in # of leaves.
What would you want for four wheels and maybe the springs too?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great...I assume the wheels are all black? Can you email me some pics of the wheels and springs? My email is:
Then I can compare the 383 springs with what's on mine and what's on my '69 440 and see what the difference is in # of leaves.
What would you want for four wheels and maybe the springs too?
Yup the wheels are black, Ill take some pics for you and email you with price as well, cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! thanks....I have to go to work now for a few hours, but will check back in when I get home. I will have my iPad with me at work, so I can look at the pics however.....
thanks again
Guy

Any chance you guys could post the photo of what a correct '70 style C body wheel looks like?

Well, the search resumes. Still looking for 3 or 4 nice wheels with the part # 2944152 stamped near the valve stem.

By the way, this is a picture of the part number on one of the two correct wheels I have with this car.
IMG_20130829_161601_924.jpg

IMG_20130829_161601_924.jpg

What does the whole wheel look like? There are solid and then there are ones with vents along the edges.

What does the whole wheel look like? There are solid and then there are ones with vents along the edges.
I'll take a picture of the spare, which is one of the two correct ones I have...this afternoon and post it here for you.

Ones that are solid are cars with drum brakes all round from what I understand. The ones with vents are for disk brake cars that need a little extra ventilation for cooling purposes?

Ones that are solid are cars with drum brakes all round from what I understand. The ones with vents are for disk brake cars that need a little extra ventilation for cooling purposes?
I'd never heard there were different wheels depending on what brakes you had. Could be, but that seems like a lot of trouble for the factory to deal with. Maybe that came in later years?
By "vents", are you thinking of the wheels, commonly referred to as "cop car wheels"?

Here's the original spare wheel in my '70 Fury, a manual drum brake car, by the way...the wheel that I am looking to find three more of...part # 2944152.

2015-05-02 14.48.23.jpg2015-05-02 14.48.35.jpg2015-05-02 14.51.59.jpg2015-05-02 14.52.07.jpg

2015-05-02 14.48.23.jpg

2015-05-02 14.48.35.jpg

2015-05-02 14.51.59.jpg

2015-05-02 14.52.07.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back