WANTED looking for 3 or 4 correct stock wheels for my '70 Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an original spare on a 1970 disc brake car

Well, I guess it must have started in '70 then. Maybe that's part of why I'm having a harder time finding the wheels I need, since they apparently were brake specific. Learn something everyday!

Well, I guess it must have started in '70 then. Maybe that's part of why I'm having a harder time finding the wheels I need, since they apparently were brake specific. Learn something everyday!

I dont know what the story is with that wheel. Ive never had one of those rims and hardly ever see them

3580157 on 69 fury with power drums. only obvious difference is the register hole. not sure about the width as mine all have tires on them.
2015-05-02 14.48.23.jpg

2015-05-02 14.48.23.jpg

3580157 on 69 fury with power drums. only obvious difference is the register hole. not sure about the width as mine all have tires on them.
View attachment 51187
3580157....is that number stamped in the wheel? If so, that a later year wheel than 69... plus they didn't start stamping part numbers on wheels until 70. Are all the wheels on your car the same as this one?

My '61 didn't have NOS air in any of the four tirez when I bought it but then those were captive air tirez too that after 30 yearz just lost the ability to keep it captured. (I got ah discount off the purchase price)

Man... bummer... We're you beside yourself looking for a vintage air supply system to recreate the antique air?

My '61 didn't have NOS air in any of the four tirez when I bought it but then those were captive air tirez too that after 30 yearz just lost the ability to keep it captured. (I got ah discount off the purchase price)

Man... bummer... We're you beside yourself looking for a vintage air supply system to recreate the antique air?
You can buy date correct NOS air at the Bloomington Gold Corvette Show.

Watch out for the fake Chinese stuff. They are filled with pollutants.

I heard the repopped stuff from Canada is pretty good. Even has the Acid Rain sulfur in it for authenticity.
Available in Pine, Molson, and Original scents.

I'll file that in my rolodex!! That's good to know.

You can buy date correct NOS air at the Bloomington Gold Corvette Show.

Watch out for the fake Chinese stuff. They are filled with pollutants.

I heard the repopped stuff from Canada is pretty good. Even has the Acid Rain sulfur in it for authenticity.
Available in Pine, Molson, and Original scents.

Wiring harness smoke ,Know as much about that as I do baseball . What is it never heard of it

Wiring harness smoke ,Know as much about that as I do baseball . What is it never heard of it

I'm not sure if you are pulling my leg or not but the Lucas electrics in the brit cars was well known to not be very reliable ;)

Looking forward to the pics

sorry PM27G0D didn't realize this was your ad for a moment there.

------------------

let's get back on topic ;)

I'm not sure if you are pulling my leg or not but the Lucas electrics in the brit cars was well known to not be very reliable ;)

Looking forward to the pics

sorry PM27G0D didn't realize this was your ad for a moment there.

------------------

let's get back on topic ;)
No ain't pulling your leg Bryan gen didn't know what it was ,But my vast Knowlegable brain found out its a detection smoke that is filtered through the elec system from the special meter valve to detect faults in the wiring harness jeez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back