Looking for flat black cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
one stumbles upon this abomination. Phoenix had some interesting stuff...

1946 Lincoln Continental Coupe CROWD PLEASER with 1953 Cadillac 331 V8 - $13000

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/3682758992.html
This is such a cool car. Pictures do not do it justice, but check photobucket dot com/46lincoln for more pictures and video. This is a fun car to drive. Everywhere I go, all heads turn, and everybody wants to know what it is. This isn't your average cookie-cutter hot rod. I could buy a 13 month car calendar and see just about every hot rod ever built, but this one is unique. If you know of another one like it, send me pictures and, by George, we'll make calendars.

This is a 1946 Lincoln Continental, with a 1953 Cadillac 331 V8 engine. The original V12 these things had was only 292 cubic inches. The engine swap was done back in the 60s, and it's still running strong. It runs 35 pounds of oil pressure on the low end, and jumps up to about 48 when you give her some gas. The car was parked for a long time, so it hasn't been driven into the ground. It is a good driver, and people just love seeing this car on the road. It has the old three speed, column shift transmission. It is the original transmission, not a GM. Actually, from the transmission back, is original. The enclosed driveshaft, and rear diff are original, and they work great. I can run with freeway traffic at about 65. The speedo doesn't work, but the cowl vent does work, and the faster you go, the better it works. I lowered it a few inches. It rides nice, since I took 5 leaves out of the rear spring pack.

The carb is the original Carter and I had it built by Bob Ream. (google it) I put the carb back on it and did a tune up on it, and set the carburetor, points dwell, and timing. It also has new spark plugs and wires. I pulled the gas tank and tanked and flushed it. She runs great and sounds great. She has new exhaust, with dual 2¼ inch pipes and 12 inch glass packs. I just put a water pump on it, and it has an aluminum Ron Davis racing radiator out of a stock car.

I just had it completely rewired, all new. I did not have the turn signals wired though. It has a new battery, and I had an alternator made for the car. It's a small diameter unit that fits better under the hood. It has dual electric fuel pumps, and they run quiet. Headlights are normal, modern halogen high and low beam. The key is still original. It has full power seats out of a Mercury Gran Marquis. I also have the original seats, but they need upholstery. In fact, the seats that are in it are basically the only upholstery that it has.

I've been all through the brakes. I replaced the master cylinder, and all four wheel cylinders, as well as all of the flex lines. The brake shoes were relined. All the wheel bearings were checked and repacked with grease.

The tires are new 275/60/15 Coopers on the old wheels, and it has 5 wheels. I have SIX of the old hubcaps, and the continental spare tire cover for the back of the trunk. Unfortunately I only have the driver's side fender skirt. The fender skirts on these things are weird anyway.

It needs the passenger window, if you like that sort of thing. You can see in the pictures that the driver's side rear window is cracked. I think it's a nice touch. The gas cap door is missing. The hinge and spring is there but the cover is gone. There's a little shimmy/chatter when you let out the clutch, but it's not a big deal.

Ask me questions about whatever I forgot.

THE STAINS ON THE STREET ARE NOT FROM THIS CAR. That's from my neighbor's car. I just parked in an unfortunate spot for taking pictures.

3G33Ib3Ff5N45K25F3d3f1894a3c879541cca.jpg

3E93I23M25Nf5G65M4d3fd2fb4cb77e4f1e5c.jpg

3Kc3Ic3Na5Ib5L25G1d3f8f99fe0157c9172d.jpg

3Id3o13H75L15G15Efd3f95137f3274401697.jpg

3E63Ga3Md5Ee5K75Jcd3fc6dd34e3d91717a6.jpg

another black one only glossy and $45,000

1966 lincoln continental for sale all black murdered out mafia car. V8 7.6 litter 462 engine rare suicide door one of a kind was recentaly painted black all crome painted black professionally using special paint, orginal all black interior, limo tint i had installed professionally on all windows and black boss 22inch rims with low profile new tires all around. will come with the 5 original rims and all original hub caps.and orignal air filter and carburator. i bought the car with, a new 4 barrel edlebrock performance carberator with kandn air filter installed but was having problems when throttleing and boggong down the engine then running fine but i fixed that was bad intake manifold gasket sucking in air and also arm was hitting and not opening up the 3rd and 4th barrels so pulled off painted the intake manifold blue and installed new gasket and trimed down arm and runs smooth, also repaired all leaks on engine. a list of everything i did replaced oil pan gasket, all three belts, front main crank shaft seal, timing chain cover gasket, water pump gaskets, and cleaned and repainted all parts. replaced power steering pump hoses and clamps, both radiator hoses and clamps and also had to have the whole radiator rebuilt the whole core was replaced and repainted and installed all new bolts. installed new oil filter and oil all new radiator fluid and power steering fluid. next i replaced pulled the transmission pan and replaced the filter and flushed the oil out and installed all new fluid, car is all rebuilt and strong running with 81,000 orignal miles no rust has two new mufflers installed true dual exhaust all the way back superfast horsepower of 340 at 460 r.p.m and 485 lb-ft of torque at 2800 r.p.m. smooth Twin-range Turbo-drive Automatic transmission with 3-speed planetary gear set with a 6-poistion selector dial, powerbooster front brakes disc and rear drums stops on a dime clean car get compliments on it all the time its crazy. all windows work great including front power vent windows, tilt steering wheel, both front power seats, all lights work on car installed 4 new head light with a special halo eyes looks good 25 gallon gas tank gets about 8 or 9 mpg asking 45,000 OBO you can email me and leave me a message if interested and your number and il get back to you thanks located in phx az

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/3699000579.html

3E73G53Ma5I45Kf5M1d3n934c4b65bdd31a76.jpg

3K33M73Fd5E95Kf5Mfd3n35561194598e10dc.jpg

3K93F23Hc5G65Ee5K4d3n869d05cf22f91332.jpg

3E53F33I85N95K95M5d3n32596f92a29211d2.jpg

Geez, man those are ugly...what some people do to cars....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back