Looking for photos of tti long tube headers on a big block

bigmoparjeff

Reaction score
I recently installed a set of tti headers on a friend's Challenger. We are looking for a way to neaten up the plug wire situation. Instead of spending hours searching for solutions, I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has come up a nice combination of wires and holders that work well with the tti's.

Thanks, Jeff

I recently installed a set of tti headers on a friend's Challenger. We are looking for a way to neaten up the plug wire situation. Instead of spending hours searching for solutions, I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has come up a nice combination of wires and holders that work well with the tti's.

Thanks, Jeff
I got generic wore loom holders I put under the valve cover bolt. Nothing fancy, but keeps the wires from hitting the headers. I'll grab some pictures when I get home.

I used Hoffman's repro looms, modified them a bit as needed (bet you can't tell where!) and used two sets of MSD StreetFire cables so that I'd have whatever mix of straight or angled plug boots I needed at each plug. The cables are custom length fit, btw, so you can run them "a bit wide" to gain clearance near header pipes. No. 7 and 8 run along the valve covers and into Hoffman rear head loom and down to the plugs as per OEM.
IMG_1899.JPG

IMG_1900.JPG

IMG_1905.JPG

IMG_1911.JPG

IMG_1915.JPG

IMG_2056.JPG

IMG_1325.JPG

UVOO6668.JPG

IMG_1573.JPG

And here's the tricky No. 7 hole.

IMG_2312.JPG

PXL_20211223_003502721.jpg

PXL_20211223_003536175.jpg

While no where near as clean as @Trace 300 Hurst, here's my looms. The engine bay is a mess, it was this way from the day I owned it, so it's original, right? :D

I used Hoffman's repro looms, modified them a bit as needed (bet you can't tell where!) and used two sets of MSD StreetFire cables so that I'd have whatever mix of straight or angled plug boots I needed at each plug. The cables are custom length fit, btw, so you can run them "a bit wide" to gain clearance near header pipes. No. 7 and 8 run along the valve covers and into Hoffman rear head loom and down to the plugs as per OEM.

Nice work.

The Hookers are a bit more forgiving when it comes to wires than the tti's are.

The Challenger has a set of Taylor wires on it now with 90 degree boots that are super close to the header tubes. The boots must be silicone, as they didn't melt when I drove the car back to his house.

Jeff

While no where near as clean as @Trace 300 Hurst, here's my looms. The engine bay is a mess, it was this way from the day I owned it, so it's original, right? :D

You're not kiddin'

I'd advise bringing along a fire extinguisher any time you take this one for a drive.

The splice in the fuel line right over the header gets the safety prize. :eek:

The plug wire routing actually isn't all that bad. There's a lot more room in a C body than in the Challenger. The right header is only an inch or so from the inner fender on the Challenger.

Which one of the cars is this one? Looks really clean rust-wise. The California Polara?

Jeff

Back