Looking to buy a 69/70 Polara Convertible (south central PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, more wasted time typing that. I'm going to go silent for awhile, if anyone hears/sees anything, drop me a pm so i'll get an email. Still waiting for a return phone call from the guy in ONT who has that 69 monaco rag.

you know, if i din't have a pot to piss in, the cars would be all over. now i'm sitting on the $$ and nobody wants it!!!!!!!!!

Mark, this may sound stupid but have you thought about getting something that's kind of what you really desire and doing a resto on it and make it your perfect dream car? I know you say you finally have a few bucks in your pocket and many times the joy is in the journey, not the destination.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

He had two of those and drove himself and me nuts.......He needs a turn key car only wax needed.

Mark, this may sound stupid but have you thought about getting something that's kind of what you really desire and doing a resto on it and make it your perfect dream car? I know you say you finally have a few bucks in your pocket and many times the joy is in the journey, not the destination.

I have.......and I still have a cAR that is fairly local that i will look at come november if I have not found anything yet.....has the 383-4, very solid, just has the bench seat instead of buckets, but we will see. now that summer is over I've got all the time in the world.

I can do whatever needs done mechanically, but bodywork/paint, forget it.

What i ought to do is spend some of the money on counseling to try and deal with my short fuse, which is what caused me to get rid of what i had in the first place!

Mark, this may sound stupid but have you thought about getting something that's kind of what you really desire and doing a resto-mod on it and make it your perfect dream car with some really cool 22" wheels?

I fixed your post for you. ;)

I fixed your post for you. ;)

Keep trying, son, and you too may be able to some day achieve the level of sharp wit of Polara71 that I actually find amusing. It's about a dozen notches higher than Moparts.

Mark, this may sound stupid but have you thought about getting something that's kind of what you really desire and doing a resto on it and make it your perfect dream car?

You know, I've been watching Fast n Loud, and the more I watch it, the less of a purist i'm going to become. I can imagine a polara rag with an upgraded suspension so it handles like a dream, and perhaps a bit of mechanical changes as well.

Just got return emails today, the monaco rag in VCA is still avail but it's a 318, and it would cost abt $1500 to get it down here by the time it gets through customs. he does not have any more pics he can send.

You know, I've been watching Fast n Loud, and the more I watch it, the less of a purist i'm going to become. I can imagine a polara rag with an upgraded suspension so it handles like a dream, and perhaps a bit of mechanical changes as well.

Now you're speaking my language. Disc brakes on all 4, coil over shocks? Gasp! Why would you want to actually stop & turn?

Modern A/C compressors disengage at wide open throttle. EFI makes tuning simple & you can make a high horse power setup VERY street/daily driver friendly. The list goes on...

All that concealed very discreetly under a bad *** fuselage yacht. That's my idea of fun.

Keep trying, son, and you too may be able to some day achieve the level of sharp wit of Polara71 that I actually find amusing.
I'll keep trying, thanks for the encouragement.

Now you're speaking my language. Disc brakes on all 4, coil over shocks? Gasp! Why would you want to actually stop & turn?

Modern A/C compressors disengage at wide open throttle. EFI makes tuning simple & you can make a high horse power setup VERY street/daily driver friendly. The list goes on...

All that concealed very discreetly under a bad *** fuselage yacht. That's my idea of fun.

Yes, could be a real bear to pu together though, with the mods needed in order to fit everything. And if that is the case then all i need is a clean body......oh boy, the last thing i need is to go out on some silly whim, but the driving experience would prob be well worth it

Yes, could be a real bear to pu together though, with the mods needed in order to fit everything. And if that is the case then all i need is a clean body......oh boy, the last thing i need is to go out on some silly whim, but the driving experience would prob be well worth it
It only takes cash & you can't take it with you. If you can afford to do it then do it.

All of this cool to do but just remember that you will never get back the money you invest. So you have to be sure that is what you want to begin with and then full steam ahead.

All this is pure B.S. Mark had two great bucket seat cars one with a factory 383 H.P. and a full fender tag and he cried I just wanna polish it!!!! Stop it!!!

All this is pure B.S. Mark had two great bucket seat cars one with a factory 383 H.P. and a full fender tag and he cried I just wanna polish it!!!! Stop it!!!

Mark, have you tried to buy this car back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back