Lost another great...

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Chris Cornell died last night after a show in Detroit. If I could have a singers voice it'd be his....Rest In Peace.

Man, that really sucks. Of all the music pouring out of the industry in the 90's, his stuff really stood out. I still think SuperUnknown is the best mainstream album of the period.

Rest easy, man.

We lost another great one. Many a night rockin in the garage to his great voice.

RIP Chris, you will be missed.

We danced to his version of Led Zeppelin's Thank You after our wedding ceremony.

This is terrible news. I have many great memories from the early 90s that are associated with his music. Hopefully this will spur an epic tribute album like Andrew Wood's death did.

I'll say this too; one of the most amazing things I witnessed in my years in Seattle was A Sound Garden... where the band took their name.
A public art display out in Sand Point consisting of +\- 10 towers with pipes connected to weather vanes which would move in the direction of the wind... the pipes would sound with the wind blowing across the top.
Blew my head off. If you're ever out there, the security is heightened since 911 (it's on federal land), but it's worth a day trip.
Thanks to Mr. Cornell and company for alerting me to this.
IMG_2582.JPG

I grew up with these guys. We used to go see them at local clubs circa 1985/86/87/88/89. Seattle was as really a small town then. All the bands, including mine would go to see all the other bands in Seattte that were playing. It was a small and supportive community. We use to yell at them,...."ZEPPLIN,...ZEPPLIN" at their shows and eventually Chris or Kim would break out with a ZEP cover and it was all in good fun! Before the "grunge" or "scrunge" (as we called it), explosion Soundgarden was just another band we would go see and support with all the other local bands. The U-men, Skinyard, Nirvana, Melvins, et. al. They were/are great..,,.Chris.... you are missed......

Last edited:
It may be too early but what the hell I have no sacred cows.

Last edited:
Complete lack of respect. Lots of good people have issues. Very unnecessary and very bad taste. If I was given nothing else but this to form an opinion on about you I would consider you an *******.

Complete lack of respect. Lots of good people have issues. Very unnecessary and very bad taste. If I was given nothing else but this to form an opinion on about you I would consider you an *******.

Oh I agree it's in bad taste. Never said nor thought it wasn't. If you like I'll delete it.

Back