Love It or Hate It

440Sled

Reaction score
I had a flaked out roof done by a **** shop that left dark shadows, scratches and just not enough flake. Myself and a few friends got together a few weeks ago and re-did the whole thing. More flake and 60's styled kandy lace panels. We only sprayed one other roof on a 53 Chevy, so our experience was limitied. The finished product came out pretty damn nice for a couple of beginners!

We layed down a light coat of the HOK KK15 teal kandy down first before laying out the lace fabric. We wanted to go for a two tone look.

://s1355.photobucket.com/user/Chrysler303/media/IMAG0860_zpsca2db3f5.jpg.html]
IMAG0860_zpsca2db3f5.jpg
[/URL]

I really dig it when people aren't afraid to shoot a car in their garage. Nice job!! The color is great.
Instruct me on how to do nice bends like that:

25jeeea.jpg

Last edited:
Then we went over the lace fabric with several heavy coats of the teal kandy at a darker mixture...

Before the clear coat.

Looks more blue under these daylight lamps, but the colors outside under the sun are mind blowing. And yes...this was all done in a garage. Nothing fancy here.

Absolutely incredible!! I couldn't love it any more! NICE!! Those are some skills I wish I had.

I really dig it when people aren't afraid to shoot a car in their garage. Nice job!! The color is great.
Instruct me on how to do nice bends like that:

25jeeea.jpg

My buddy Robert took it upon himself to do all of the Fineline tape work. I just let him go and helped out lining things up when he needed it. This type of tape is designed to handle tight turns like this, so you just lay it down to however you desire. Robert nailed it perfectly. Getting the straight lines layed out over this long New Yorker roof was the toughest part.

WOW.....! That looks incredable.....! I love the look..... And I tend to be a purest.

Nice work...! :icon_thumright:

That looks really nice I am one for painting my own cars at home I learn a new trick almost everytime and have also had to work my but off to fix problems love it

Wow! That's fantastic!:icon_thumright: It's nice to see what can be done in a home garage. Now you're probably going to have people asking you to paint their cars for them. I'm probably going to try painting my car when the time comes. Most likely the only way I'll be able to afford a paint job. :)

Thank you and Yes! We've had a few people inquire about some paintwork. We've hit the end of the show season here in Colorado, so it won't see the public much anymore this year. It's all in the prepwork. The more time you take to sand, tape, clean etc....the garage paint jobs can turn out decent. Just plan on doing some color sanding and buff work on the final product. I've got a few more weeks until I decide if I want to cut and buff. It looks so damn good now!

. It's all in the prepwork. The more time you take to sand, tape, clean etc....the garage paint jobs can turn out decent. Just plan on doing some color sanding and buff work on the final product. !

Right about that. You can even get acceptable results with rattle can paint, often was on a budget with my dd's and still do it on smaller surfaces as the last easy paint jobs I farmed out were screwed up. Just happened to do some welding and rattle can painting on the window frame of my driver. Difference in color is not as bad in the daylight as in the flash.

001_zps294c97f8.jpg

001_zps294c97f8.jpg

Back