Low dollar Low tech cup holder

rd92west

plan C
Reaction score
I've been kicking ideas around for a cup holder for quite a while.
Last week I picked up a roll of duct tape. I put it on the floor.
Then grabbed a coffee for ride home.
I just happened to look at the floor and it hit me.

20210423_074528.jpg

I'm guilty of just grabbing the tape, it was on sale, never looked at price. I was wanting tape. So when I was struck by the eureka thing all I could think about was Cup Holder. Actually I did ponder how much of the roll I could use before it would get tippy.
I remember the holders that hang on the door from 40 years ago. Wasnt a fan. Maybe they are improved now.
As far as the drink tray goes, yes they work. But with just 1 drink they are prone to tipping. I guess with some ballast they would be stable.
It should be pointed out that up here the roads arnt as smooth as glass like they are in south.
I like to have extra roll or 2 of the handyman's secret weapon on hand so one roll can be dual purpose

I'm guilty of just grabbing the tape, it was on sale, never looked at price. I was wanting tape. So when I was struck by the eureka thing all I could think about was Cup Holder. Actually I did ponder how much of the roll I could use before it would get tippy.
I remember the holders that hang on the door from 40 years ago. Wasnt a fan. Maybe they are improved now.
As far as the drink tray goes, yes they work. But with just 1 drink they are prone to tipping. I guess with some ballast they would be stable.
It should be pointed out that up here the roads arnt as smooth as glass like they are in south.
I like to have extra roll or 2 of the handyman's secret weapon on hand so one roll can be dual purpose
Ahh... A dual purpose. That makes sense.

I do carry a small roll in the trunk, and it does nothing there but go along for the ride.

Of course, I'm just poking fun at it all...

Mrs. Big John asked about cup holders in my Barracuda the other day. I told her they were on the glove box door.

Not mine.
dc14dcdc2b5690d7f05f8db5f0acc86f.jpg

My driving instructor in high school put his 6oz coffee cup on the dash and said do not spill my coffee.

Alan

Mrs. Big John asked about cup holders in my Barracuda the other day. I told her they were on the glove box

The glove box cup holders always cracked me up. Need a small cup for the mopar doors.
I seen several large cups of assorted beverage get dumped into the glove box of the chevy pickups with the king size glove box.
Makes me think of a situation that occurred in 1979. I can pinpoint the year because in may of 79 I bought a like new 76 fold 150 ranger xlt. As loaded as could get. It had air cruise, am/fm and sliding back window. Plus the fuel economy 460 Actually there was 1 more option available, the lights on top of the cab. I still have the truck.
So I'm picking up a buddy and we are heading into town on a Saturday night. He comes out of his house with a large tumbler right full of whiskey and coke.
Climbs in my truck and sets the drink on the dash. I politely suggested that it might not be a good place for his drink. He says " no problem " that he will monitor it. Before we leave his place he has to run back to the house for his smokes.
It's dark and we head to town. I hear a clunk and if by magic the full glass tipped and contents went down the defroster outlet.
And then ran out on the carpet.
I laugh now but I didnt see a lot of humor in it that night.
That mix stunk for several years. Worse when the heater was cranked.

Back