Low T:

bulldogchesty

Reaction score
We are mostly men here and was wondering if anyone else has been diagnosed with very low testosterone? Mine came back as 92 and should be in the 400's. I have been using the gel but it has still been very low. My doctor wants me to try the shots next. No wonder I have been feeling awful lately. Anyone else have the same problem?

We are mostly men here and was wondering if anyone else has been diagnosed with very low testosterone? Mine came back as 92 and should be in the 400's. I have been using the gel but it has still been very low. My doctor wants me to try the shots next. No wonder I have been feeling awful lately. Anyone else have the same problem?

I hope you get that straightened out. Friend at work had the condition, and it really knocked the slats out from under him.

Been hearing recently this works real well.

1444891462-ucm355963-1.jpg

As a former trainer, I was around a lot of guys that got testosterone shots. The problem with T injections is that they make your body stop producing normally. A much better solution is DHEA, which makes your body produce it's own. Available at Wally World for $7.82 for 50 tabs. Start with 200 mg a day, see how it works for you. I take 400 mg per day, but I'm 260 lbs. A doctor told me you can gauge your T levels by morning erections. I have a younger wife, I gauge my T levels by how many mornings a week she's pissed off. She likes to sleep in.
k2-_dffb9aea-64df-4b9e-89a9-2e53b18b5c6a.v1.jpg-59d75b6d60ad15df889f4c1467f2755742bb2833-optim-450x450.jpg

I'd prefer the natural way of increasing testosterone...go find a couple of 20 year blonde old college students and srat buying the shots of tequila. That's when mother nature takes over and the rest is a drunken blur the next day.

My good friend had it, doctor prescribed weekly shots. They affected his personality, made him real testy and overbearing. I would try a natural supplement first.

I'm reading about waaaaay too many side effects of DHEA.
Increased risk of Prostate Cancer make DHEA a no-go for me.

I'm reading about waaaaay too many side effects of DHEA.
Increased risk of Prostate Cancer make DHEA a no-go for me.

I guess you have to look at the effects of aging VS the risks of treatment/maintenance.

Copied from just one source.

Low DHEA levels are associated with aging and a number of diseases, such as anorexia, type 2 diabetes, and HIV. In older men, having low levels of DHEA is also associated with a higher chance of death. However, it's not clear that using DHEA supplements will help lower the risks of getting any diseases.
DHEA is used by some people who want to "reverse" aging and boost immunity, cognitive function, and muscle strength. For now, studies don't back up these uses. DHEA has been studied as a treatment for other conditions, ranging from cardiovascular disease to menopause to Alzheimer's. The results have been unclear.

I was on weekly injections for about 2 years and it had a tremendously positive effect on my mood and sense of well being. My numbers were 230 m/Dl when "optimal" levels are 400-600. Most importantly you have to watch your diet and exercise when on HRT as Test. will bloat you out a little. But I would strongly encourage any man in his 40s or older to have T levels checked. When you restore normal levels you definately feel the benefits mentally and physically. I felt 10 years younger. My Dr recently took me off the to his concern for increased risk of prostate cancer. I'm still working out and watching the diet so I haven't noticed a change in mood or any physical difference.

Good Luck! Feel Better!

Back