Lower Control Arm - 78 New Yorker

Moseman

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, anyone know where I can obtain a passenger side lower control arm really fast? I have reached out to Stephens and Wildcat. I am awaiting their reply.
My control arm is wallowed out where the torsion bar/bushing fits.

Thanks in advance,

Where is he located 65sporty?

Gents,

Thank you very much, I failed to mention Murray Park. He called me late last night (about 9pm his time) and he does have the control arm. It is being shipped out today 2 day air. And he is in Lima, Ohio. thanks again to you all.

Gents,

Thank you very much, I failed to mention Murray Park. He called me late last night (about 9pm his time) and he does have the control arm. It is being shipped out today 2 day air. And he is in Lima, Ohio. thanks again to you all.

You should ask him if the idler and pitman arms are good on that car. They are hard to find for Formal's and very expensive if you find a NOS one. I don't like the Moog idler arm fitment.

dont like new Moog over used?

The new Moog problem solver idler arm is a problem. It comes with 2 flat washers that are suppose to be used with it and it just doesn't fit right. I was able to find a NOS idler arm with Graham's help to replace the bad one on my NYB. Yes, I would put in a used one if it was tight and no slop over a Moog idler arm.

what wasnt right about it?

Doesn't fit correctly. The OEM is all one piece and fits tight. The moog has 3 pieces. The idler and 2 washers and doesn't fit and is a major pita to align and get the bolt through all 3 pieces.

I got the moog idler in the monaco, with no problems. It was a tight fit with the 2 washers. I agree it did take a min to install, but was nice, and tight. Wonder if your "arms" got bent that hold the arm?

My only complaint is for the pitman arm. Instead of having a normal rubber boot, it came with a felt type washer instead. Never seen that before.

I had the same problem as Bob twice. The Idler Arm doesn't fit properly as is and is a guaranteed early failure. I'm sure that most of the Formals out there that have had the Idler Arm previously replaced have it installed as-is.

I have also had terrible luck with Pitman Arm replacements twice.
Special order 1/2 a dozen jam nuts before you start.

Back