Lower control arm bushing not fit

josehf34

Reaction score
I'm rebuilding the lower control arms of my '74 fury, I bought a pair of bushings from MOOG but the bushing doesn't fit well, I'm not sure why but the original bushing was a lot thicker.

I attached an image of the problem :(

IMG_2612.JPG

NO.
THE REPLACEMENT IS MOOG K7007.
You said the bushing you're trying to install is Moog 62632.
No such thing as a 62632.
Unless it's a 2001 Ford F-250 Superduty lower radiator hose.

NO.
THE REPLACEMENT IS MOOG K7007.
You said the bushing you're trying to install is Moog 62632.
No such thing as a 622632.
Unless it's a 2001 Ford F-250 Superduty lower radiator hose.

:lol: off course is not a Ford thing...

I'm going to try to find the Mook K7007 tomorrow

Part number should be on the box, although it wouldn't be the first time parts were in the wrong box.

There IS no Moog of any type with that number.
I think he read the zip code of the Malaysian plant it came from.
And he never said where he obtained that bushing or why he has that particular one.

And he never said where he obtained that bushing or why he has that particular one.

Thanks for the heads up... I should have looked harder. I just wanted to see if his P/N crossed... IIRC Moog changed a lot of P/N some years ago... but I wouldn't expect them to be out of the data base.

The K indicates that it is an off shore manufactured version.
I also learned the hard way the K line stands for Krap.

Good to know and might just explain some of my disappointments in Moog...

The first pair of lower control arms bushing (the pair with number 62632) came with a suspension rebuild kit.

Finally I got a new pair of Moog (K7007) bushings from Rockauto but again doesn't fit well on both lower control arms and are identical to the first pair of bushings I bought, even I found a pair of old (I think NOS) moog Lower control arm bushings on a store and where identical.

I had to ask to a local suspension shop to made a custom pair of lower control arm bushings but now everything seems to be ok :). The owner of this shop showed me an old Moog parts catalogue and according to it the K7007 reference only fits 1962 - 1965 fury

Last edited:
Im having this exact problem, right now. Doesnt anyone change their lower control arm bushings?

Back