Lowering plans.

You need to return the car to its stock condition before you lower it, not stack modifications to counteract other modifications. Otherwise you just end up with a clüstërfück to put it in terms you'll understand.

:thankyou:

Somebody gets it.

Posting a photo of how the car sits now helps quite a bit, lest you think it's just that people aren't "kool" with your thoughts... we've been asking for those pics through many postings.

Are the airshocks removed in that photo?

None of this talk of adjusting the t-bars until that is done. That's also not going to "tighten" your front end, if your are speaking to steering play.

You need to return the car to its stock condition before you lower it, not stack modifications to counteract other modifications. Otherwise you just end up with a clüstërfück to put it in terms you'll understand.

Most stock springs for this model Chrysler had only a maximum of 7 spring leaves with a big block engine. Looks like some one might have installed aftermarket "performance " springs which would account for the higher rear end ride. I count 8 leaves on this spring set. Probably not a good idea to take out any leaves, better to replace with the correct units.

Dave

the leaf springs are meant to work as a team. removing some will put undue stress on the remaining ones. i would start with replacement springs and the use lowering blocks if you want.

I'd "buff it out" first......
img_0370-jpg.jpg

The springs aint saggin' bro, they are heavy as a...some heavy thing. Other leaf package is so tight that it wont even reach to the rear hanger. I have to use multiple diy techniques just get it back there. What about the 76 fury springs would they fit?

The springs aint saggin' bro, they are heavy as a...some heavy thing. Other leaf package is so tight that it wont even reach to the rear hanger. I have to use multiple diy techniques just get it back there. What about the 76 fury springs would they fit?

Sounds like yer rear suspension is a total mess. . . And I doubt any parts after 1973 will fit your car. I would look at finding and installing a complete differential assembly (with springs) and see how it all looks then.

Replacement stock springs are available at www.stengelbros.net among many others
Dave

No need to order springs from the USA. Vallilan takomo here in Helsinki will make a new set to specs. They were the people who probably did their thing on those original springs back in the day. They used to strengthen all Mopar leaf springs here in Finland back in the day. (That car looks very much like it was originally imported here. A km-speedo would be a positive proof of that.)

FYI: the process of adjusting the torsion bars is described in detail at the Finnish Autowiki -webpage:
Vääntösauvajousituksen säätö – AutoWiki

You mention that you want to make the front end a bit more ”tight”. It can be done at steps.

I had the whole front end of my former ’70 New Yorker rebuilt with Firm Feel parts, and custom made Koni front shocks. They all together made the car feel much more ”staunch”. You could steer into curves at speed, and it went exactly where you pointed it. Which is not what you can say of most a ”survivor” with 40+ years old bushings and stuff.

[QUOTE="330dTA,

I had the whole front end of my former ’70 New Yorker rebuilt with Firm Feel parts, and custom made Koni front shocks.QUOTE]

I don't see a lot of money being thrown at this car. He can't even afford some wax.

[QUOTE="330dTA,

I don't see a lot of money being thrown at this car. He can't even afford some wax.

I could be wrong but I don’t think that’s what he’s going for; that super shiny spectacular metallic clear coat waxy, Barret Jackson look - at least not at the moment. Could be wrong.

Back